Web interface

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Sparx
Party member

Web interface

Post by Sparx »

Hello,

i know i have been flooding his forum a lot since i joined and i hope it won't be one of the last messages, because I'm still thinking if using LÖVE is the right choice since I allready noticed several things that need improvement(i know progress is going on, but will it be the right choice for a new project?)

Im planing a multiplayer-2d-action shooter. This will need a lobby server... Very cheap would be a MySQL/PHPsolution.
I am pretty good at php but i don't actually have a plan to set up a communication between an http and LÖVE.
This project could be a nice way of providing other löve users with a simple solution of setting up a lobby server for their own games.
I would love to do the php/MySQL part but I'm seeking for someone making a lib for the http communication. If I am staying with LÖVE i think this Lobby-Server project will start in mid may. If there is someone interested in this please "sign-up" here.

P.S.: Please let me know what you think about a lobby server run by a simple web-server.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Web interface

Post by bartbes »

Well, I'm currently 'working' on LovelyBigPlanet and we need a download server for that as well, so maybe that's going to be what you want. (it doesn't exist atm)
Kaze
Party member

Post by Kaze »

thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

If you need a masterserver there's one already hosted by Velosider Hosting Solutions.

Check the Netris source code.