LDoc build for Windows x64

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Hexenhammer
Party member

LDoc build for Windows x64

Post by Hexenhammer »

My project is getting so big that I felt the need for proper documentation. After looking at the current Lua documentation tool situation I decided that LDoc is the best option. Unfortunately there were no up-to-date Windows binaries :cry: I tried using LuaRocks but that did not work for some reason :cry:

..so I just built the stuff myself. Note that LDoc depends on Penlight which in return depends on LuaFileSystem which is a C module, that's why I had to built it. So here it is fellow Windows users, all current versions:

Lua 5.1.5
LuaFileSystem 1.6.2
Penlight 1.3.0
LDoc 1.4.0

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yrq51 ... l-ldoc.rar

These are 64-bit release binaries built with WinSDK 7.1 i.e. they will not run on 32-bit versions of Windows and you may need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package if that isn't already installed on your system. Sorry about that but I built this for myself and I don't use 32-bit Windows anymore and I don't like to use ancient and inferior compilers/runtimes just for compatibility.
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Re: LDoc build for Windows x64

Post by Boolsheet »

Do you use LDoc to generate the HTML documentation or does your editor or some other tool understand the format?
Shallow indentations.
Hexenhammer
Party member

Re: LDoc build for Windows x64

Post by Hexenhammer »

Boolsheet wrote:Do you use LDoc to generate the HTML documentation or does your editor or some other tool understand the format?
I use LDoc.