Lua Chunks - Public Beta

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
User avatar
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:08 pm
Location: Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Contact:

Re: Lua Chunks - Public Beta

Post by Roland_Yonaba » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Hmm.
I was supposed to test that website and provide feedback, and I almost forgot it, as I've been quite busy.
I feel miserable.
I did not heavily tested the features listed in the OP, but anyway, it just looks nice.

User avatar
ejmr
Party member
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:45 am
Location: South Carolina, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Lua Chunks - Public Beta

Post by ejmr » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:49 am

The same here. I've been too busy to do extensive testing, but for the few things I've done I have really liked what I've seen on Lua Chunks. I think the project looks like great work and I hope you keep it up.
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經

User avatar
Nikolai Resokav
Party member
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 am
Location: United States

Re: Lua Chunks - Public Beta

Post by Nikolai Resokav » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Wojak wrote:There is only 1 thing that annoys me – inability to change the edit box width...
It would be awesome if it at least adjusted itself to the browser width.

But everything else about this site is perfect (at least in my opinion), so thank You very much for making this, and keep up the good work :)
Unfortunately the current layout of the site doesn't allow for a lot of flexibility with the editor's size. A widescreen/dynamic layout is something I've been considering, I just haven't really looked into it very much. Also, this is a bit of a hidden feature at the moment, but the editor can be set to fullscreen mode with F11 (if it has focus). Anyways, thank you for the feedback and for using the site!
Roland_Yonaba wrote: Hmm.
I was supposed to test that website and provide feedback, and I almost forgot it, as I've been quite busy.
I feel miserable.
I did not heavily tested the features listed in the OP, but anyway, it just looks nice.
I actually meant to recontact you about testing before the site went public, but I was probably distracted with trying to get things ready for the release. I'm glad you like the site though. :)
ejmr wrote: The same here. I've been too busy to do extensive testing, but for the few things I've done I have really liked what I've seen on Lua Chunks. I think the project looks like great work and I hope you keep it up.
Thanks for the feedback!

Germanunkol
Party member
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Lua Chunks - Public Beta

Post by Germanunkol » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:22 pm

My suggestions:
  • A preview that is shown before submitting the chunk (I accidentally submitted before entering a title)
  • Tags for better searching (I tried to fit everything into the title which looks horrible) or a description box which is also searched. Or even better: both!
  • Move submit button below all the metadata - should be the last thing to hit!
Great site, great idea!
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de

User avatar
Nikolai Resokav
Party member
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 am
Location: United States

Re: Lua Chunks - Public Beta

Post by Nikolai Resokav » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Germanunkol wrote:My suggestions:
  • A preview that is shown before submitting the chunk (I accidentally submitted before entering a title)
  • Tags for better searching (I tried to fit everything into the title which looks horrible) or a description box which is also searched. Or even better: both!
  • Move submit button below all the metadata - should be the last thing to hit!
Great site, great idea!
Thank you for the feedback! These are all excellent suggestions and should be easy to implement. I'll start working on some of these later today.

Wojak
Party member
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Re: Lua Chunks - Public Beta

Post by Wojak » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Nikolai Resokav wrote:Also, this is a bit of a hidden feature at the moment, but the editor can be set to fullscreen mode with F11 (if it has focus). Anyways
Well, this is exactly what I need :) There should be a button for this somewhere ;)

User avatar
Nikolai Resokav
Party member
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:51 am
Location: United States

Re: Lua Chunks - Public Beta

Post by Nikolai Resokav » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:30 am

Just finished some new updates for the site. Here is a basic overview of the changes:
  • Chunks can now have descriptions and tags (as suggested by Germanunkol)
  • Chunks can now be searched in the archive by their tags
  • Reorganized the chunk details form on the home page
  • Added a page that lists currently registered users
  • Added a page that shows statistics about the site
  • Added a public domain option to the license list
  • Added fullscreen buttons to the chunk editors
  • Added more Lua interpreters. Chunks will now be interpreted by the interpreter that matches their Lua version. If no interpreter matches a chunk's Lua version, then Lua 5.1 will be used by default.
  • Description, Lua version, license and tags are now listed on chunk pages
  • Removed the projects system

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests