Gender survey thingy

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.

Are you male or female (or other)?

Female
1%
Male
90%
Other
9%

Total votes: 78

Azhukar
Party member

Re: Gender survey thingy

Post by Azhukar »

Robin wrote:but they're still human.
I'm a spider, can I still vote?
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

Fun fact!

100% of Sock Munkee's channel viewers are male.
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Robin wrote:
Ranguna259 wrote:So we have 3 aliens on our forum.. great
I know it's a joke... but they're still human. Maybe they are intersex, and maybe they, for some other reason, don't want to say either male or female (perhaps because it's not really clear whether this survey is about gender or assigned sex or something else). And there is also the possibility that some people are being facetious, we really can't know that, although I do hope that everyone answered honestly.
So I'm just going to go ahead and bet that none of those 3 people where serious. Balance of probability.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I don't understand why there's an "other" if this is supposed to be a serious poll.

People will pick the gender they identify with. If it's a transgender person they'd pick whichever gender they believe themselves to be despite what their body formed as. So why have the "other" option unless to be jokey. You know people are going to jokingly use it. Even if someone has both male and female parts I'd assume they'd have a preferred gender they identify with.

I can't speak for transgendered people though as I might be wrong, but I'm just saying.

So we must assume that the "other" people are just having a laugh. Which defeats the purpose of the poll.

Correct me if I'm completely wrong.
ejmr
Party member

Post by ejmr »

Jasoco wrote:I don't understand why there's an "other" if this is supposed to be a serious poll.

People will pick the gender they identify with. If it's a transgender person they'd pick whichever gender they believe themselves to be despite what their body formed as. So why have the "other" option unless to be jokey.
Not everyone identifies with male or female, so I guess the option is there to try and cover all bases.
ejmr :: Programming and Game-Dev Blog, GitHub
南無妙法蓮華經
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

I think it is a problem that we don't have more females in this community, females look at things in a different perspective which could lead to new ideas and other types of games.
Azhukar
Party member

Post by Azhukar »

jjmafiae wrote:I think it is a problem that we don't have more females in this community, females look at things in a different perspective which could lead to new ideas and other types of games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Brathwaite

A video game developer that worked on Playboy: The Mansion and is an anti-censorship activist.
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Azhukar wrote:
jjmafiae wrote:I think it is a problem that we don't have more females in this community, females look at things in a different perspective which could lead to new ideas and other types of games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Brathwaite

A video game developer that worked on Playboy: The Mansion and is an anti-censorship activist.
Last I checked she was NOT a part of this community though.
Azhukar
Party member

Post by Azhukar »

Jeeper wrote:Last I checked she was NOT a part of this community though.
Point was that being a different gender does not equal bringing different ideas.
Inny
Party member

Post by Inny »

This thread is completely unsurprising.