Appreciation for Love2d forums

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
roggie
Prole

Appreciation for Love2d forums

Post by roggie »

Hi, in this post I would like to thank everyone in the love2d community. I also use stackoverflow and every one of my posts gets taken down after everyone on that forum gives me really offensive comments telling me that I can't code or that my question isn't constructive, I take time to make sure that my questions are constructive, and it is annoying having the fear of people telling me that my code is terrible or that my project is terrible.

So, I just wanted to say thank you to the love2d community because I've never had any problems on the Love2d forums and I always get the answer that I'm looking for. It is awesome to have a community made up of such amazing people. :awesome:

Once again, Thank you :)
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Re: Appreciation for Love2d forums

Post by HugoBDesigner »

I've never had this problem myself (I'm part of a few forums only, and they're all nice), but Love2D is definitely the most helpful one. The forums I'm part of aren't offensive or anything, but they don't always help me or it takes a while to do so, but here in Love2D people are *ALWAYS* trying to help you, not only with your problem, but also giving very, very helpful and nice tips. One example of this was when I was trying to help a user with variables and strings, and I told him something about tables, but another user came and explained to me that the way I thought about tables was wrong, but pointing out to the right thing.
Also, whenever I post something here, people tell me that it's nice, or really useful, or at least tell me how I can improve whatever I'm working on. But the community is also really nice just for the sake of being nice, with things like "looking forward for this project", or "good luck with it", or "if you have any other problem just let us know".

So, along with roggie, I wanna say a BIG, *HUGE* thanks to the Love2D community and developers as well. I swear, if I had a job and my own money I'd totally donate to LÖVE developers, they really deserve this, and the moderation here is spectacular! Feel proud of yourselves, guys :awesome:
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
Doctory
Party member

slime is love, slime is life

Post by Doctory »

EDIT: slime for president
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Does someone know the "why?" of this? It's not like moderation is the key and bad posts are deleted, you can say and write whatever you like, yet no one insults or give bad feedback to users posts, it's like the forum is full of nice people! And I'm really glad it is like that, I'm one of those annoying guys that comments in every single thread because I enjoy it, it's nice giving feedback to other projects and learning new stuff!

So yeah I'm really thankful to the community! It's an amazing one and I'm really happy to be part of it

In another note I really love LÖVE, I think that the devs have done an outstanding work with it, they are also really open to feedback and work really fast (release tend to take ages but believe me, nightly builds implement features in minutes) every single time I asked for something (you have to make sure that it is USEFUL!) Slime came and made it part of LÖVE in just a day, and I was like: :ultrashocked: > :brows: > :awesome: > :megagrin:

I'm really glad that everything is as it is! Thank you all!
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
Mermersk
Party member

Post by Mermersk »

The forums here are amazing, all of my threads where I have described a problem, somebody replied with the solution. I feel like I owe this forum(and IRC chat) a lot, it has been crucial when I have nowhere else to go with my problem.

Hope I can someday start helping other people as well :awesome:
norubal
Party member

Post by norubal »

Yes, this forum is the best. :nyu:
nfey
Citizen

Post by nfey »

Positive07 wrote:Does someone know the "why?" of this? It's not like moderation is the key and bad posts are deleted, you can say and write whatever you like, yet no one insults or give bad feedback to users posts, it's like the forum is full of nice people!
I'll say that, from my vast forum-going experience ( :P ), the places where moderation is the most relaxed are usually the most fun. If the balance between allowing everyone to speak and censoring explicit content can be struck, the community tends to self-censor well. Of course, the narrow scope of the forum and the audience (semi-professionals or professionals) help as well. If it were a forum with a larger scope and audience, it would've been harder to keep things nice and lovely.