LÖVE automated building and distribution for all platforms.

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: LÖVE automated building and distribution for all platfor

Post by T-Bone »

This is really cool!

Would it be possible to use this service without the distribution part? I mean uploading my .love, and simply downloading a .app, .exe and a .deb to distribute myself? If I want to sell my game, I can't have it distributed for free somewhere else.

Either way, an option to build only a deb instead of an entire PPA should be there. PPAs aren't user friendly in any way.
Affi
Prole

Post by Affi »

T-Bone wrote:This is really cool!

Would it be possible to use this service without the distribution part? I mean uploading my .love, and simply downloading a .app, .exe and a .deb to distribute myself? If I want to sell my game, I can't have it distributed for free somewhere else.

Either way, an option to build only a deb instead of an entire PPA should be there. PPAs aren't user friendly in any way.
As long as you do not supply the URL's to anyone, you can just download the files yourself and distribute them as you see fit. If you then want the files removed from our delivery network, drop an email to me directly at ryan@reflex.so and I'll take care of it. The free service does not currently have this option available, but I am considering adding it in later this week. We do offer a paid distribution and licensing assistance service to developers and studios, so I can understand your concern on this part.

The Debian/Ubuntu build process is still being worked on, I'm hoping to have a revised version today - we'll be taking PPA out of the equation and only supplying .deb's for now.
Lead Developer - Reflex, a distributed online game platform.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Affi wrote:

As long as you do not supply the URL's to anyone, you can just download the files yourself and distribute them as you see fit. If you then want the files removed from our delivery network, drop an email to me directly at ryan@reflex.so and I'll take care of it. The free service does not currently have this option available, but I am considering adding it in later this week. We do offer a paid distribution and licensing assistance service to developers and studios, so I can understand your concern on this part.

The Debian/Ubuntu build process is still being worked on, I'm hoping to have a revised version today - we'll be taking PPA out of the equation and only supplying .deb's for now.
That sounds really good. I don't think that I personally will be using your services but still. Good job so far and keep up the good work!

Distributing löve games is still quite inconvenient, especially building .deb files is tricky. So tools like these really help.
Affi
Prole

Post by Affi »

T-Bone wrote:
Affi wrote:

That sounds really good. I don't think that I personally will be using your services but still. Good job so far and keep up the good work!

Distributing löve games is still quite inconvenient, especially building .deb files is tricky. So tools like these really help.
What could we add or change (or even remove), that would make you want to use it :)?
Lead Developer - Reflex, a distributed online game platform.
MiniDemonic
Prole

Post by MiniDemonic »

Resurrecting this to report this error.
Currently I'm trying to make it build my game so that my friends can try it, but it does not work.
Here are the links:
The .love I uploaded was named "zombehs.love" and it was around 3.8mb

The win.zip only contains a DevIL.dll and the .love won't start the game.

As the site does not report any error messages this is all the info I can give you.