Does anyone want to collab for 1GAM?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Tesselode
Party member

Does anyone want to collab for 1GAM?

Post by Tesselode »

Someone pointed me to 1 Game a Month to help me learn how to finish games, and I really would like to make a game from start to finish. I don't really have all the necessary skills, though, so does anyone want to collab? It would be fun!

Skills I have:
--Programming
--Music
--Game/level design (but I might not be that great; I don't really know)

Skills I definitely don't have:
--Art.
Kingdaro
Party member

Re: Does anyone want to collab for 1GAM?

Post by Kingdaro »

I might be interested, actually. The actual theme aside, did you have something in mind for the game itself?
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

Kingdaro wrote:I might be interested, actually. The actual theme aside, did you have something in mind for the game itself?
Nope! I have no plans for the game until the theme is revealed. I just want to make a game all the way for once.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Do you specifically want artists for this collab or can I a programmer join this too?
purplehuman
Citizen

Post by purplehuman »

Tesselode wrote: Nope! I have no plans for the game until the theme is revealed. I just want to make a game all the way for once.
1GAM's theme is just a suggestion, it only brings extra points, but it's not mandatory. You can do any game you want. It's about personal achievement. It's not a competition.

If you found a collaborator, and it appears so, I'd suggest just make a game. Any game you want. Just make sure it's something you and your collaborator can make in a short period of time.
I am 2D.
I am purplehuman on github.
And I am purplegordebak on twitter
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

bobbyjones wrote:Do you specifically want artists for this collab or can I a programmer join this too?
I'm happy to collab with anyone! It's just I could really use an artist.
purplehuman wrote:
Tesselode wrote: Nope! I have no plans for the game until the theme is revealed. I just want to make a game all the way for once.
1GAM's theme is just a suggestion, it only brings extra points, but it's not mandatory. You can do any game you want. It's about personal achievement. It's not a competition.

If you found a collaborator, and it appears so, I'd suggest just make a game. Any game you want. Just make sure it's something you and your collaborator can make in a short period of time.
I know it's only a suggestion, but following the "rules" (I know there aren't really any, but you can act like there are) kind of holds you to a standard. I'd like to make a game that definitely fits within a month, and waiting for the theme to be revealed and then trying to finish a game before the next theme is revealed sets a deadline and a goal of sorts.