Nick! Make this!?!?!??!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Nicholas Scott
Prole

Nick! Make this!?!?!??!

Post by Nicholas Scott »

Hello everyone, Nick here once again with an offer this time. Recently I've created my network library known as LÖVE CÖNNECTION [viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80330&p=185152#p185152], Still in development on version 1.4. I've run out of ideas for the network library and is sitting at version 1.4, with quite a few features, however I want to do more, more libraries/resources for the community. I have a few ideas, such as a GUI library, however that's been done already and there is already quite a few of those libraries out there. I need ideas from you guys! The consumers, who are the ones who need this stuff, I am looking for ideas for a full fledged library. Something you need for your game. So if you'd like something done, or just an idea you have that you have no idea how to implement, I would absolutely love to see it in the comments so I can let you know whether I'll be working on it, and if so I can keep you updated on how it's going! Bye everyone, LÖVE you all! :D -Nick
CrackedP0t
Citizen

Re: Nick! Make this!?!?!??!

Post by CrackedP0t »

Maybe a GUI library? If it could automatically lay things out, that would be sweet
/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\
Here, have an umlaut. Ö
Nicholas Scott
Prole

Post by Nicholas Scott »

CrackedP0t wrote:Maybe a GUI library?
I believe there are already some of these, but I will gladly start working on one now, as it was an idea of mine but I figured there were already some. Do you have any ideas, suggestions, or anything you want specifically in the library?

Also... How about any name ideas, I'll make sure to credit you if you find one I like. Catchy and Corny are welcome :3
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Well you could make it a Material Design GUI

Material-Love is not a GUI, just the bare fundamentals to create Material-Designed applications in LÖVE, that is, shadows, ripples and such...

Note: I'm "working" (I'm actually working on other things right now) on version 2, which makes shadows better and spinners more versatile, plus fixes some issues with some stuff, makes roundrects behave closer to what CSS does... If you want to go this way tell me and I will finish it up just for you!!

Other thing that would be awesome for a GUI is a way to define resizable layouts, so that they look good in any screen! That would be awesome, I have been thinking and the best way would be something like Bootstrap does, with columns and such...

Its a big task but seriously would be awesome!!
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)