love2d supports leapmotion?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
elizeumatheus
Prole

love2d supports leapmotion?

Post by elizeumatheus »

Hello everyone, I am a connoisseur of recent love2d, and was producing some stuff in it. Now I'm trying to make a popular game, the old pong. But I wanted to do something more, putting the leap motion functionality to it where when I made a move with my hand, the bar would move, making the movement go up and go down.
I'll be leaving just below a picture for better understanding of what I plan basically I want to move the bar with my hands. It is possible ? Grateful ;)
Davidobot
Party member

Re: love2d supports leapmotion?

Post by Davidobot »

I have never personally hooked in an API into LÖVE, but I recall someone doing something like that. It shouldbe pretty easy if you know what you're doing.
Here's the C++ (löve's source code using c++) implementation of the Leapmotion API: https://developer.leapmotion.com/docume ... index.html

If you use Nön (a Java implementation of löve), you can hook in Leapmotion's Java API without even modifying the source code: https://developer.leapmotion.com/docume ... index.html
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

I am not 100% sure, but maybe there is the possibility of connecting to the leapmotion API using vanilla LÖVE using LuaJIT's FFI interface. Maybe.
When I write def I mean function.
elizeumatheus
Prole

Post by elizeumatheus »

elizeumatheus wrote:Hello everyone, I am a connoisseur of recent love2d, and was producing some stuff in it. Now I'm trying to make a popular game, the old pong. But I wanted to do something more, putting the leap motion functionality to it where when I made a move with my hand, the bar would move, making the movement go up and go down.
I'll be leaving just below a picture for better understanding of what I plan basically I want to move the bar with my hands. It is possible ? Grateful ;)
Sorry, I have no idea how to do that yet :(
elizeumatheus
Prole

Post by elizeumatheus »

kikito wrote:I am not 100% sure, but maybe there is the possibility of connecting to the leapmotion API using vanilla LÖVE using LuaJIT's FFI interface. Maybe.
'm doing this to make the bar movement, from what I understood of jit moon is that it has C functions already made that I can use, right? But would have something for movement integrating leap motion?? Image
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

The luajit ffi C bindings allow you to call any C function from a binary. Theoretically binding to leapmotion should be possible, but the SDK is in C++, so you will have very weird symbol names.

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end