New Icons

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
SiENcE
Party member

Re: New Icons

Post by SiENcE »

S0lll0s wrote:
SiENcE wrote:Is there a way for a löve game to show the löve logo without adding it additionally to the game? Just by requesting it from löve runtime? This might be worth to add.
With all the assets already being b64-encoded and shipped with the executable, it definetely would be possible and I would find that pretty cool (perhaps in a new love module that you need to require on-demand?)
Yep. I noticed that on gamejams i always wanted to include the current löve logo, but then time runs out. This was the time I had this idea :).
Karai17
Party member

Post by Karai17 »

Where is muh new-logo tshirt? >:[
STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I'm currently making a real version of LöveFTW (a port of Löve to Windows 10 UWP apps). Can I use the new icons as default icons for LöveFTW, or do I need to come up with my own icons?

I want to treat LöveFTW similarly to if it was an official port, but I can understand if the Löve developers don't want to associate their work with mine.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

T-Bone wrote:I'm currently making a real version of LöveFTW (a port of Löve to Windows 10 UWP apps). Can I use the new icons as default icons for LöveFTW, or do I need to come up with my own icons?

I want to treat LöveFTW similarly to if it was an official port, but I can understand if the Löve developers don't want to associate their work with mine.
You can probably do whatever you want, the logos and love are open source after all.

dns asked me for the splash screen that I use in my game, I figured that I'd publish it here for everyone to use, have fun:
Attachments
ASSsplash.love
(251.29 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

https://youtu.be/ih2JkN3rwmc
These are some damn fine splash screens!

Inspired by borderland's splash screen's wwise logo on its splash screen, based on the old love svg logo + a trace of the heart (fair use I'd say) + tagline from love2d.org html head title tag:
https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/2LhoA.html

This is less intense and should be easier to implement.
Attachments
powered-by-love.zip
svgs
(15.07 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
Karai17
Party member

Post by Karai17 »

Those are super cool, you should put them in a git repo!
STI - An awesome Tiled library
LÖVE3D - A 3D library for LÖVE 0.10+

Dev Blog | GitHub | excessive ❤ moé
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Preferrably this repo, if possible. :3 (Only because i'd like for things to be in one place.)
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Ref
Party member

Post by Ref »

Hay qubodup!
Like your credit logo.
How about:
loveCredit.png
loveCredit.png (19.37 KiB) Viewed 7793 times