Library sub-forum?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
dandruff
Prole

Library sub-forum?

Post by dandruff »

I'm sorry if this been brought up before, I made a quick search and didn't find anything about it. Also I'm not a very frequent visitor so I might have missed some debate about it.

Why isn't library development in its own sub-forum? It feels like 80% (Actually more like 15/25 right now, but still...) of the Games/Demo is filled with libraries being developed. Now, as much as I love many of them, it would be awesome to see them in their own separate part of the forum. For new users it would be nice to be able to look at the games being produced with the engine without the need of sorting through hundreds of ui-libraries being showcased.

It would also mean that the actual games being developed getting a bit more attention. Just my 2 cents

.d
Davidobot
Party member

Re: Library sub-forum?

Post by Davidobot »

This was widely discussed and I have yet to hear an admin's stance on the situation: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=79488
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
dandruff
Prole

Post by dandruff »

Well, then... I suck at searching and there's no reason to pay any attention to this post :)
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Kinda still is, since this is yet another voice -for- it.

Still, if the only reason we don't have it is that someone would have to swift through all previous threads on that subforum and list the tag id-s that would need to be moved, or heck, if they'd need to be moved manually, one by one, then i'd volunteer for such a task, if no one else would. I wanted to go through all previous threads someday anyway, for other reasons;not just the ones in projects.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

I'd help moving everything too.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

I would also vote for a specific libraries forum... :)
Inny
Party member

Post by Inny »

If it matters, I'd vote yes for a library subforum. Library threads tend to stay alive for a very long time, or have no activity for a long time and then a sudden renewed interest either via questions or a new version, and that pushes game threads off the first page.
Pibeex
Prole

Post by Pibeex »

I agree with everything that's been said. I've been visiting the forums for a while and got lost a few times between libraries and actual games. Moreover, there's an exponentially growing amount of projects these days and there's really a need to split them up in categories.
Kingdaro
Party member

Post by Kingdaro »

Honestly, since it seems most of us here are already in agreement that it should be a thing, maybe start better now than later, so we don't have more libraries to move in the future? Obviously any new library topics now are just pebbles on a mountain, but still.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Question would be whether the two separate subforums should be inside the projects one, or should the latter be separated into two, having one level of subforums but 4 in total (excluding the ports one)
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.