Share your Box2D creations

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Zarty55
Citizen

Share your Box2D creations

Post by Zarty55 »

Since we have a topic about shaders why not a box2D one? I've never really seen a lot of creations using our amazing physics engine, and I want to see people using it more. So, go ahead do something with box2D and show us! It's not that hard. Come on! I want to see some trebuchets, catapults, cars, tanks. Whatever!

Last night I created a bow as a test and I'm pretty proud of myself. So to give you guys some inspiration here it is:
bow.love
(16.07 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Controls:
Q/E: Zoom out/in
A/D: Rotate bow
Left click(hold): Grab the line (Drag the mouse around to pull it and release the button to release the string)
S: Create arrow (Only works when the line is grabbed)

Some info:
*You can configure the bow yourself, just open up classes/bow and change these stats:

*The bow takes a little bit of time to stabilize

*I've used quite a few libraries to help along, so thanks to the creators.

*The simulation isn't accurate it's just a simple test I made in ~4 hours. I've clamped the dT to maximum of 0.018 and each update does 8 steps in the physics (It needs a good precision to not go out of control) so this means it's actually really cpu intensive. So if you get less than ~55fps the simulation will not be in real time.

*The arrow doesn't simulate drag/lift right now. Maybe later.

Obs: I'll move this creation to another post to make this one cleaner. I'll just wait until we have a few more.

Edit: I've changed a few things. Now the bow actually bends a lot more (it also looks much cooler) and is much more powerful.
airstruck
Party member

Re: Share your Box2D creations

Post by airstruck »

Here's a little ragdoll thing made with LPS.
rag.png
rag.png (6.83 KiB) Viewed 2783 times
Drag him around with the mouse, press any key to plank. :)
Attachments
rag.love
(9.8 KiB) Downloaded 202 times