Twitter

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Sheepolution
Party member

Twitter

Post by Sheepolution »

A few months back I asked rude if I could be the Twitter guy for LÖVE. At the time it was barely used, even thought it had around 1200 followers. I thought it was a wasted potential, and I wanted to help LÖVE in some way. Rude agreed and I got access to the @obey_love. If you're a follower you might have noticed that it suddenly got a lot more active.

My goal is to show what the community is working on. For me to see your tweet, either mention @obey_love or use the #love2d hashtag.
The hashtag is not #LÖVE, because Twitter translates that to #love, and I'm not going to search through 100 tweets per minute.

If you tweet about your game, there's a good chance I'll retweet it. Adding a gif helps!
I also tweet about new games or libraries posted on the forums. Again, if you put a gif, or at least an image, in your post, it helps a lot. It gives the tweet a lot more chance to be liked/retweeted.

Next to all this I tried to make the blogs a bit more active. Only 2 blogs so far, so that can use some more work (Still waiting on your answers, slime). But I'm happy Bartbes is contributing as well.

This post is mostly to announce that I'm the Twitter guy, since I never really did that. And to ask you guys for feedback or cool ideas you have. Do I (re)tweet too frequent? Or too rarely? Other stuff I should tweet about? Let me know.

Cheers
airstruck
Party member

Re: Twitter

Post by airstruck »

Sheepolution wrote:Still waiting on your answers, slime
waiting.jpg
waiting.jpg (54.39 KiB) Viewed 4482 times
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

I don't have any particular improvement suggestion, but I think it's a great initiative and wanted to say thanks :)
When I write def I mean function.
ken.athomos
Citizen

Post by ken.athomos »

Makes me want to actually make a twitter account (yes I don't have one) considering I'm missing a lot on some really cool stuff.
Ulydev
Party member

Post by Ulydev »

I don't have any suggestion either, but I simply wanted to say that it is a great initiative.
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

Maybe going for a #madewithlove hashtag too? Or will it be flooded by non related stuff?
Sheepolution
Party member

Post by Sheepolution »

Fenrir wrote:Maybe going for a #madewithlove hashtag too? Or will it be flooded by non related stuff?
Looks like it. But I don't really like the idea of having multiple hashtags anyway.
undef
Party member

Post by undef »

Saw some nice stuff already thanks to you Sheepolution!
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Nice initiative! Keep it up!
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

This is a great idea! Would it not be easier to automate it? I know that some #hashtags have bots that will retweet everything. The downside is that it could be flooded. So having a person who maintains some kind of quality will most likely be the best. Either way best of luck, I'll make sure to send some tweets your way :)