2012 Märch Showcase

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
TechnoCat
Inner party member

2012 Märch Showcase

Post by TechnoCat »

Welcome to the Märch Showcase!

This is the chance you all have been waiting for: the chance to show off all the sexy work you did during the month of Märch with LÖVE.

Go to the Submission Page.

Order of Operations:
  1. Submissions will be open during the last week of the month.*
  2. Voting will begin after the submission period.
  3. The winner will be contacted and given up to 30$ USD** of items from Nekogear :awesome: or Amazon of the winner's choice.
Rules you must abide by:
  • Submission must be a complete project packaged as a .love on the Jam website.
  • Submission must have been completed this month. You might have started earlier, but it must be completed this month.
  • Submission must not be a repeat or updated variation from previous showcases.
  • Submission must use LÖVE and run on OSX, Linux, and Windows.
Recommendations that can be ignored:
  • Use the current stable build of LÖVE. Give the version used on your submission.
  • Explain the controls on your submission page.
  • Provide screenshots.
  • Multiple submissions.
*Times are GMT
**30$ includes shipping. I get free shipping from Amazon in the US.
Last edited by TechnoCat on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:56 am, edited 11 times in total.
Ensayia
Party member

Re: 2012 Märch Showcase

Post by Ensayia »

Count me in. I'm not sure what I will do yet but I wholeheartedly plan to submit something. I've been looking for a good excuse to be less off-topic and to work on something fresh.

Because it wasn't specified, does the submission have to be a game or can it be an application or something else? Also, are multiple submissions permitted?

I'm happy the LOVEJam site is finally being used!
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

I'm totally challenging myself to have something made to submit to this..
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

Ensayia wrote:Count me in. I'm not sure what I will do yet but I wholeheartedly plan to submit something. I've been looking for a good excuse to be less off-topic and to work on something fresh.
Maybe you'll get money from me again. But I plan to submit something too. So, watch out! There is also a game involving portals and plumbers that we could possibly see as a submission. :o:
Ensayia wrote:Because it wasn't specified, does the submission have to be a game or can it be an application or something else? Also, are multiple submissions permitted?
It can be any finished project made with LOVE. Multiple finished projects are allowed. Keyword: "finished".
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Nice, if I have time to finish something this month, I'll be sure to submit it here.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

TechnoCat wrote:It can be any finished project made with LOVE
"finished project" is so relative and uncertain. Better say fully working. :)
Explain the controls on your submission page.
I have the opinion that if a game itself don't explain in-game the controls isn't a "finished project". :)

I should release this month my project but I will not apply. So good luck for all the contesters!
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

This might be a tough one for us... I've been a part of the community nearly two years now and I've seen maybe two or three projects that could be considered 'finished'. :crazy:

Just kidding guys, let's all have fun!
molul
Party member

Post by molul »

Looking forward for the projects :) I don't think I'll be able to participate on something like this until next year (lol)
Ellohir
Party member

Post by Ellohir »

The perfect excuse to retake projects, I'll see what I can do :D
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

Ensayia wrote:This might be a tough one for us... I've been a part of the community nearly two years now and I've seen maybe two or three projects that could be considered 'finished'. :crazy:

Just kidding guys, let's all have fun!
I suggested the idea of a monthly competition to TechnoCat & Company in hopes that the Love community might be able to "showcase" the games that we can make. When this is all done, we really should try and publicize the winnings, maybe get some more serious devs in.

Also, TechnoCat, to ammend to the rules: The .love file needs to be hosted on love2d.org, as I noticed in our test jam that some people linked old invalid dropboxes, or links to their website that no longer are valid.
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push