Ludum Dare 37 - Jam together!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
evgiz
Citizen

Re: Ludum Dare 37 - Jam together!

Post by evgiz »

easy82 wrote:Performance was good but not stellar, somewhere around 20 FPS I think.
Thats good to know. It found it difficult optimizing for the web since I don't alot about love.js and web dev in general, but thats not too bad for such an "old" laptop! There's and FPS counter in the game btw, just hold down "F".
easy82 wrote:By the way, you and Tjakka together could have made a "player vs zombies and the cold" game. :D
Maybe another time haha :)
Computer science student and part time game dev! Currently working on Depths of Limbo! :cool:

Check out the game website DepthsOfLimbo.com! :ultrahappy:
And my personal website with all my projects evgiz.net! :megagrin:
easy82
Party member

Post by easy82 »

evgiz wrote:Thats good to know. It found it difficult optimizing for the web since I don't alot about love.js and web dev in general, but thats not too bad for such an "old" laptop! There's and FPS counter in the game btw, just hold down "F".
So it seems like it runs on 15-17 FPS.

Guys, I wanted to vote on your games on the LD site but I couldn't because I'm not a participant... so I just left some comments there.

Did you add love2d or löve tag to your submissions? It's easier to find that way.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

One of these days I'm going to participate in one of these Jams. I never have the time nor focus to do it.
evgiz
Citizen

Post by evgiz »

Jasoco wrote:One of these days I'm going to participate in one of these Jams. I never have the time nor focus to do it.
Its tons of fun! And if you get in the "zone" you can work really effectively. I probably work harder during LD than anything else haha.
Computer science student and part time game dev! Currently working on Depths of Limbo! :cool:

Check out the game website DepthsOfLimbo.com! :ultrahappy:
And my personal website with all my projects evgiz.net! :megagrin:
Beelz
Party member

Post by Beelz »

Well the jam is about over and I'm a little upset. My work schedule severely cut into my coding time... I put a total of maybe 12 hours into it. I used placeholder sprites and didn't even get into sound and music.

All together I guess I'm proud of it. It was my first ever jam and only my third playable game. If I hadn't had to work everyday of the comp it might have turned out better, but whatever. For what it's worth I participated, here's my sloppy and unfinished hunk-o-junk.
LD37_Survive.love
(884.49 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
LD Entry
WASD - move
1-8 - Choose Gun
R - reload
LMB - Shoot

Code: Select all

if self:hasBeer() then self:drink()
else self:getBeer() end
GitHub -- Website
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

evgiz wrote:
Jasoco wrote:One of these days I'm going to participate in one of these Jams. I never have the time nor focus to do it.
Its tons of fun! And if you get in the "zone" you can work really effectively. I probably work harder during LD than anything else haha.
Is there a schedule for these? Do they do them at set times through the year? Or is it just a random "whenever we feel like it"?
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Jasoco wrote:
evgiz wrote:
Is there a schedule for these? Do they do them at set times through the year? Or is it just a random "whenever we feel like it"?
It is roughly the same time, 3 times per year.

Sometime around:
December 10-25
August 10-25
April 10-25