Any interest in a Löve speed-jam?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Jeeper
Party member

Any interest in a Löve speed-jam?

Post by Jeeper »

I think it would be cool to have a Löve gamejam that only last between 1-3 hours (not sure what time would be the best yet), that you can participate at any time you want during a period of a week or two. Honor code, who would want to cheat in a small gamejam without prices? Either way it would be encouraged to stream it so that others can watch the progress etc.

I just want to grasp the amount of people that would find this fun and be interested in joining. Any feedback on durations and rules are also appreciated.
skyHights
Citizen

Re: Any interest in a Löve speed-jam?

Post by skyHights »

I wouldn't be able to stream, but I'd love to see if I could actually finish something in time and to watch others make projects too.
Learning to Löve.
Sir_Silver
Party member

Post by Sir_Silver »

I am very interested in this idea, but 1-2 hour is way too little for me, probably for most people too. I imagine the only thing most people could make in that time are things like Snake and Minesweeper and stuff like that. I think the "fastest" type of jam I would want to participate in would have to be a 3 day jam.
Guard13007
Party member

Post by Guard13007 »

I think the most difficult part of this is organization, and while I like the idea, there's no way I could do it. o.o
Lycea
Prole

Post by Lycea »

I really would like to see something like this to happen. For me possible 1-3 hours is a bit short but it would be definitely a good idea and worth a try . Also if it works I would participate :awesome:
Be happy and share that happyness with others that they get happy too :awesome:

my Github profile where you can find stuff made with love and other projekts :nyu:
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

If you are willing to wait a little bit, you could actually make a zero-hour game jam.

In all seriousness, I think 8 hours is the bare minimun. Ludum dare is a full weekend so you can have 8 hours of raw dev + 8 hours of polish, plus all those pesky things like sleeping and eating.
When I write def I mean function.
TerraCottaFrog
Prole

Post by TerraCottaFrog »

Join onehourgamejam.com :)

~20 people make a game in an hour every week. Not strictly in love but its a lot of fun so I thought I'd plug it here :)