library similar to TLfres ?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Vrx8
Prole

library similar to TLfres ?

Post by Vrx8 »

it's a library for scaling and very useful for me, but it's already outdated, i found a similar library called simpleScale, but it is very buggy and never get any update, any other alternatives ?
easy82
Party member

Re: library similar to TLfres ?

Post by easy82 »

Hello!

I've made a basic one for my game on the Ludum Dare 39, maybe it fits your needs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyyvedut3u6vj ... .love?dl=0

Also please note that it was packaged for anoter Love2D member here, I hope you don't mind!

If you download the .love file, you can rename it to .zip and inside you will find the library (resolution.lua) and an example (main.lua) on the usage.

When using it, basically you need to specify what is the fixed resolution that you want to be seen on the screen, no matter what is the actual screen size is. It will always center the output.

I know it's not very sophisticated (it was created for the event), but works well and might suit your needs. I hope it helps!
Vrx8
Prole

Post by Vrx8 »

easy82 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:23 am Hello!

I've made a basic one for my game on the Ludum Dare 39, maybe it fits your needs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyyvedut3u6vj ... .love?dl=0

Also please note that it was packaged for anoter Love2D member here, I hope you don't mind!

If you download the .love file, you can rename it to .zip and inside you will find the library (resolution.lua) and an example (main.lua) on the usage.

When using it, basically you need to specify what is the fixed resolution that you want to be seen on the screen, no matter what is the actual screen size is. It will always center the output.

I know it's not very sophisticated (it was created for the event), but works well and might suit your needs. I hope it helps!
Its very simple and works very well ! thanks alot !
easy82
Party member

Post by easy82 »

You're welcome! :)