Monthly Love Mini Jams?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
baconhawka7x
Party member

Monthly Love Mini Jams?

Post by baconhawka7x »

There was a thread that I saw on here that I really enjoyed, I can't seem to remember what it was called (Code art, something like that?). It was a thread of small creations, not usually games.

Recently I found this project: http://creativecoding.club/ where they create web-based things every month.
You start developing on the sunday the month prior, and you have two weeks to make something.

I think something like this could be super fun in the löve community! We don't need to go through the full, anxiety-inducing, stress crushing troubles of trying to make an entire game in two weeks. You can just make whatever the theme has inspired you to make! Similar to what people were making in that thread.

Would anyone want to participate in something like this? I think it could really help people continuously challenge themselves to learn new things.
partnano
Prole

Re: Monthly Love Mini Jams?

Post by partnano »

Sounds like a really cool idea, I would be participating as much as I can! :)
Sir_Silver
Party member

Post by Sir_Silver »

Sounds like a great way to get me back into the groove of coding. I'm down.
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

I think that this would be very fun and want to paricipate, can one join in a few days only instead of weeks though?
shru
Prole

Post by shru »

I'd be interested in this! My gut feeling is that every month might be too often for most people, though.
itchtwittergithub
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

Jeeper wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:15 pm I think that this would be very fun and want to paricipate, can one join in a few days only instead of weeks though?
shru wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:20 am I'd be interested in this! My gut feeling is that every month might be too often for most people, though.
Great feedback!

Whatever works best for everyone, I don't want any strict rules or anything.

Maybe at the start of each month we create a thread that you can post on anytime before the month ends. Just a simple way to maybe inspire some developers and keep the creative juices flowing.