[cc-by] Free raccoon sprite. 8 animations and character art

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
null-painter-error
Prole

[cc-by] Free raccoon sprite. 8 animations and character art

Post by null-painter-error »

itch.io link-> https://null-painter-error.itch.io/cute ... animations

Hello - first post here, so gently let me know if I err. It seems like this is the correct forum for offering free assets?

This is the first time I've put together an asset pack like this, so I'd appreciate any constructive feedback!

If you are feeling generous - I had a few questions about delivering quality assets for programmers:
  • Should actions like jump and crouch be split into separate parts, like one action for stand->crouch and another for crouch->stand, or jump separated to "jump" and "fall"?
  • I structured these to all fit in the same "frame" (the transparent box around the pngs) with the character in the same position across animations, thinking that this would reduce programmer need for calculating offsets for different animations. The trade-off is that the character is not centered in the frame and the frame is larger than needed for any given action - is this the correct approach?
  • I provided around 12 pngs @ 800x800 px for each action. I can easily provide more or less frames (I animate in blender) or a different resolution. Does this setup seem legit?
Please let me know if you use these and have any issues with them so I can improve. Also, if these end up used for anything, I'd like to hear about it so I can see them in action.