Is it possible to scale images without it getting blury?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Niclasa
Prole

Is it possible to scale images without it getting blury?

Post by Niclasa »

My question is "Is it possible to scale images without it getting blury?" And that is what i want to know! I want to know if there is a trick a workaround or whaterverthef so that doesnt happen? I tried scaling it up in intervals of integers but that didnt seem to work either... Im going for an undertale-ish apperance (I know there are other games that look like this but im going to assume that most people here are familiar with undertale) and I thougth that this is an asthetic that most other indie devs on this forum also wanted to explore this artstyle so i was shocked that noone asked this before (I think) :oops:
soooooooo.......Yeah!

(thank in advanced) :nyu:
MrFariator
Party member

Re: Is it possible to scale images without it getting blury?

Post by MrFariator »

By default love uses linear filter mode when scaling images up or down, which results in a blurry image. You can change this behavior simply by setting the default like so

Code: Select all

love.graphics.setDefaultFilter("nearest", "nearest",1)
After setting the mode to "nearest" you can keep pixels crispy, so long you scale up in integer increments.

You can also set it per-image basis with Texture:setFilter.
Niclasa
Prole

Re: Is it possible to scale images without it getting blury?

Post by Niclasa »

MrFariator wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:36 pm By default love uses linear filter mode when scaling images up or down, which results in a blurry image. You can change this behavior simply by setting the default like so

Code: Select all

love.graphics.setDefaultFilter("nearest", "nearest",1)
After setting the mode to "nearest" you can keep pixels crispy, so long you scale up in integer increments.

You can also set it per-image basis with Texture:setFilter.
Thank you very much !!