Launching Games on Android

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
fbll
Prole

Launching Games on Android

Post by fbll »

How do you launch games while developing on Android? Right now on my Galaxy S8 I'm using X-Plore to find my file, launch it as */*, and choose Love2D as the default app after scrolling through pages of app choices. It's a chore to have to do this every time I want to run my game. Is there a better option? It would be ideal to be able to launch the game from my desktop as an icon or something.

Also, I don't believe on my old phone (Nexus X5) that I had to choose Love2D as the default app each time.

Thanks for any help you can offer! :awesome:

EDIT: my phone is now choosing Love2d by default. Not sure why that works all of a sudden but I'm not going to question it. I'm still curious if there's a faster way to launch my game though.
MissDanish
Citizen

Re: Launching Games on Android

Post by MissDanish »

I think you can launch .love files on android now, don't remember anymore honestly. Just got back into using love again 2 weeks ago.
If not then make a folder called "lovegame" on your device, with all the lua files (main.lua, conf.lua etc) and all the game assets, and then launch löve.

see this:
https://love2d.org/wiki/Getting_Started

Edit: also this is the wrong forum, these questions go in support and development.