LÖVE 11.1 released!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
slime
Solid Snayke

LÖVE 11.1 released!

Post by slime »

Following on the heels of LÖVE 11.0's release two weeks ago, version 11.1 is now out!

11.1 is a small – but important – bug fix release. It resolves a few issues introduced in 11.0 including love.graphics.setCanvas failing to work in many situations, stencils breaking on older phones, and t.console=true in love.conf causing errors on Windows when lovec.exe is used.

The full changelog is available on the wiki, and download links are on the front page as usual.
MissDanish
Citizen

Re: LÖVE 11.1 released!

Post by MissDanish »

Good work! :)
murks
Party member

Post by murks »

Thanks for the quick fixes :)
drunken_munki
Party member

Post by drunken_munki »

Guys this is awesome, seems to be running faster than 11.0?

Seriously well done all!
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

I'm having trouble getting 11.1 installed on my CentOS system (very similar to RHEL/Fedora). There's no official package for Love2D on CentOS, so I just set it up from the source, following the Fedora instructions on the build page. The build instructions rely on ./configure and make, but they're not present in the 11.1 source downloads. I also can't seem to run the included love file as an executable (it opens as a plain text file instead).

Can anyone help me sort this out? I'm a total Linux noob. :D
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

milon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:56 pm The build instructions rely on ./configure and make, but they're not present in the 11.1 source downloads.
They are, I think you got a binary download instead.
milon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:56 pm I also can't seem to run the included love file as an executable (it opens as a plain text file instead).
You may need to make the file executable (either via the properties menu in your file browser, or using chmod on the terminal).
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

bartbes wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:43 pm
milon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:56 pm The build instructions rely on ./configure and make, but they're not present in the 11.1 source downloads.
They are, I think you got a binary download instead.
milon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:56 pm I also can't seem to run the included love file as an executable (it opens as a plain text file instead).
You may need to make the file executable (either via the properties menu in your file browser, or using chmod on the terminal).
Thanks for the reply. I did check to make sure the file was executable, and it already was. It doesn't matter if I run it from the GUI or from Terminal, it still opens as plain text.

About the download, I may have gotten the wrong one. The files used to be named like love-11.0-linux-src.tar.gz, but now the only linux options are love-11.1-linux-i686.tar.gz (32-bit, I believe) or love-11.1-linux-x86_64.tar.gz (64-bit). The previous linux tarballs contained a root folder named after the branch, and that held a bunch of text files and the folders extra, platform, and src. The 11.1 linux download (32-bit or 64-bit) has a root folder called "dest" and that has the folders lib, usr, libstdc++ as well as what looks like a .desktop shortcut.

So, what should I be downloading instead?
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

milon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:30 pm So, what should I be downloading instead?
(Link on the home page - Other Downloads)
https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloads/
Probably this one?
https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloa ... src.tar.gz
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

*facepalm*

Yup, thanks zorg! It's somehow listed *after* the 10.0 one, so I guess I stopped reading there. My bad. :)
milon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:30 pm
bartbes wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:43 pm
Thanks for the reply. I did check to make sure the file was executable, and it already was. It doesn't matter if I run it from the GUI or from Terminal, it still opens as plain text.
Incidentally, I discovered that running (from the Terminal) ./love works where love does not. The latter seems to make it look for a command or bash script, where the former tells it to open the file as an executable. Just in case that's helpful to anyone. :)
Last edited by milon on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kbmonkey
Party member

Post by kbmonkey »

From the wiki:
In versions prior to 11.0, color component values were within the range of 0 to 255 instead of 0 to 1.
What was the motivation for changing RGBA ranges to [0..1]?