Ludum Dare 41: Combine 2 Incompatible Genres

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Jeeper
Party member

Ludum Dare 41: Combine 2 Incompatible Genres

Post by Jeeper »

It's time for another Ludum Dare guys, #Hype!. Let's show everyone how amazing games can be done on Löve in such a short time!

Ludum Dare is an Accelerated Game Development Event (also called a “Game Jam”). During a Ludum Dare, developers from around the world spend a weekend creating games based on the theme that was voted for by the community. Ludum Dare is by far the largest and longest running Game Jam and gets thousands of games submitted (Usually around 3000). After the event participants spend 3 weeks playing and rating the other entries, giving them 1-5 stars in a set of different categories such as “Fun” and “Graphics”. New this time is the fact that you can rate with half points, meaning you can give something a 3.5 or 4.5. After the 3 weeks of voting the developers will receive their rank and average score in each of the categories.

DATES
Start: Saturday April 21st, 2018, 2:00 AM UTC +0
Results: TBA

Rules
Read them here!

Notes
After the gamejam has ended I will compile a list of all of the entries made with Löve. I will also record a video of me playing the games, this might take a bit of time though. Feel free to post your (or someone elses Löve made) entry in this thread to help me feel löved.

Streams
If you are going to stream, post it in the thread and I will add you to the list!

LD#40
Check out the last Ludum Dare thread and be amazed at all of the great entries!

THEME
"Combine 2 Incompatible Genres"

Compo
Jam
Last edited by Jeeper on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tjakka5
Party member

Re: Ludum Dare 41

Post by Tjakka5 »

Very excited!
Best of luck to everyone!
Nuthen224
Citizen

Re: Ludum Dare 41

Post by Nuthen224 »

I'm really looking forward to it!

This will be my 3rd Ludum Dare. My last two were LD36 and LD39.
In LD39 we managed to rank 20th in theme and 25th in graphics. :awesome:

But, I'm planning to make this my best Ludum Dare game yet!
Jeeper
Party member

Re: Ludum Dare 41: Combine 2 Incompatible Genres

Post by Jeeper »

It's on! Good luck to everyone who are participating, post some progress pics/gifs of your work if you got time, I am participating in the jam and will throw in some updates after each day.