Searching for an awesome logo for the löve2d documentation

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
daviel
Prole

Searching for an awesome logo for the löve2d documentation

Post by daviel »

Hello everyone!

I was working on the löve2d documentation in the last days and came up with a new design. Right now I am stuck in finding a new appropriate and fitting logo. I added some screenshots to show you how it looks like at the moment. It's the logo on the top-left.

If you have some ideas or you find one the already in use logos good enough I would like to hear that. :awesome:
Attachments
2.png
2.png (91.8 KiB) Viewed 5986 times
1.png
1.png (92.84 KiB) Viewed 5996 times
Last edited by daviel on Wed May 30, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ulydev
Party member

Re: Searching for a awesome logo for the löve2d documentation

Post by Ulydev »

I really like the current LÖVE logo (split circle with a white heart inside) - you can find the official logos on the wiki https://love2d.org/wiki/L%C3%B6ve_Logo_Graphics
ivan
Party member

Re: Searching for an awesome logo for the löve2d documentation

Post by ivan »

It looks good, but the downside of custom templates is that you have to update them each time the underlying software is updated.
This is particularly true for phpBB (aka the Love forums) and probably MediaWiki (Love2D documentation) too.
So while I admire your effort it seems like it would be a lot of work to maintain those templates in the future. :)
daviel
Prole

Post by daviel »

ivan wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:58 pm It looks good, but the downside of custom templates is that you have to update them each time the underlying software is updated.
This is particularly true for phpBB (aka the Love forums) and probably MediaWiki (Love2D documentation) too.
So while I admire your effort it seems like it would be a lot of work to maintain those templates in the future. :)
You're right about that. There is a github repo which tries to hold the current Documentation in a lua code file(https://github.com/love2d-community/love-api). This is then used to build a HTML file for the documentation. As we're trying to have always current data the current version of the love-API would be reflected on the built HTML file. To prevent that we have to update every documentation(older, current) we're saving them in static files. This means that the documentation quality/styling etc. can be different between different love-API-versions but we won't have to update them with every underlying API change.
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

is there anything stopping people from automatically grabbing the data from the love wiki and putting it in a lua table?
daviel
Prole

Post by daviel »

Tesselode wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:17 pm is there anything stopping people from automatically grabbing the data from the love wiki and putting it in a lua table?
The wiki isn't that standardized. There are many things which are free texts and so on. Additionally there are tutorials, images, lists and links embedded which can't be parsed that easily. I think there would be the possibility to do so but I would rather see the the docs updated than the wiki as it would be more targeted on the purpose of documenting the API.