I just want to say thank you

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
pragmaticus
Prole

I just want to say thank you

Post by pragmaticus »

Dear Löve community,

a couple of months ago i started to dig into game development. The first framework i picked was a wellknown javascript based one. Eventually, I ran into limitations and bugs of their various physic engines. The whole environment felt just impure and it was really frustrating.

After a week off and thinking of abandoning my project, I stumbled upon Löve. I ported my code to lua and the Löve framework. Started using the fantastic bump library for collision detetction and wrote my own little physics engine. Everything just felt right from the very begining. The performance, the clean documentation and the alive forums. Not to forget the big ecosystem with well maintained libraries for every usecase i could think of. Things just started to work out. I felt at home.

You gave me a solid foundation for my work and I am looking forward to publish my first indie game in a couple of weeks. I can't thank you enough. I hope I can contribute to the community in the future.

You are awesome!
Stifu
Party member

Re: I just want to say thank you

Post by Stifu »

pragmaticus wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:20 pmThe first framework i picked was a wellknown javascript based one.
Hey. Out of curiosity, which one was it?

Personally, the only JS game framework I tried was Cocos2d-JS. It was OK overall, but seemed kinda slow and introduced breaking changes on a regular basis.
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com
pragmaticus
Prole

Post by pragmaticus »

Stifu wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:44 pm
pragmaticus wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:20 pmThe first framework i picked was a wellknown javascript based one.
Hey. Out of curiosity, which one was it?

Personally, the only JS game framework I tried was Cocos2d-JS. It was OK overall, but seemed kinda slow and introduced breaking changes on a regular basis.
I don' t want to denounce anybody. The framework i used surely has it' s strengths and areas of applications. It just didn' t fit my needs and expectations. I wrote you a private message.
Stifu
Party member

Post by Stifu »

Alright. I don't think anybody would take offense (strong and weak points of each framework are often discussed everywhere), but thanks for letting me know.
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com