LÖVE 11.3 released!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: LÖVE 11.3 released!

Post by Jasoco »

slime wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:45 am It looks like Apple doesn't implement every-other-refresh vsync for their OpenGL vsync APIs on modern macOS. I have a memory of it working in the past on macOS, but their documentation doesn't say it will work either, so maybe it never did.
Really then, oh well. The dream is dead. Haha
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

What's the difference between the "embed" APK and the non-"embed" one here? https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloads/
MachineCode
Citizen

Post by MachineCode »

OK so for the Raspberry Pi the PPA does not include a match -

Code: Select all

aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Raspbian/buster
As far i know AppImages have not not started to be widely used on the Pi yet.

The three .deb files for armhf does work. What I usually do is install an older version (currently 11.1) from the installer on Raspbian, make sure it works, then upgrade with the .deb files. I can't find the armhf .deb files for 11.3, but they may be somewhere.
AuahDark
Party member

Post by AuahDark »

pgimeno wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:16 am What's the difference between the "embed" APK and the non-"embed" one here? https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloads/
The "non-embed" version has complete feature from previous LOVE Android APK. This includes opening games from /sdcard/lovegame, opening .love game files, and .love file downloader. Furthermore, it also has more permission required for it to work and additional downloader services, which makes it unsuitable to be used with this method.

The "embed" version solves this by stripping all those features while retaining all features from the original LOVE 11.3 (it uses exactly same native binaries as non-embed version). This means, it only able to load .love files if it's inserted inside the APK itself or it only shows no-game screen. It also can't download .love files from internet and has file association support removed from the manifest. It also requires fewer permissions. This build makes it very suitable to be used for people who wants to use the this method.
Profile. Do you encounter crashes in LÖVE Android and wanna send me logcats? Please hit me up in LÖVE Discord and send the full logcat file!
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

AuahDark wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:25 am[...]
Thanks a lot for the explanation, it's clearer now.

Edit: Any insight on https://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87576 ? I see that the launchMode has changed from singleTask to singleTop - could that be a factor?
MrFariator
Party member

Post by MrFariator »

That's a lövely series of updates and fixes. I particularly like FLAC support and love.window.get/setVsync, good stuff.
Fuzzlix
Citizen

Post by Fuzzlix »

Fuzzlix wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:00 pm
slime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:45 pm This release contains a few new features and many bugfixes-...
...and a major performance fix ... integrated Intel GPU-based Windows systems.
Just tested on my integrated intel gpu: It is a GREAT step forward. The GPU workload is drastically reduced. Congratulations!

Keep up the good work.
Update: My very very simple test case caused 70%+ gpu load on love 10.2. With love 10.3 the gpu load went down to ~25%.
Today i updated my intel 620 graphics driver to the newest version (date: 25.9.1919). and the gpu load went down to 9% (meassured with process monitor on my win10 1903)

Ulrich.
klis
Prole

Post by klis »

I think there is a bug in love.resize method.

in 11.2 toggling the fullscreen to windowed and viz the dimensions are like below

and in 11.3 its like below

Is this a bug or is it something to do with DPI Scaling?

Code: Select all

Class = require('libs.hump.class')
Play = Class{}
function Play:myGames()
	return 'https://indrajith.dev'
end
CaptainMaelstrom
Party member

Post by CaptainMaelstrom »

Thanks LOVE team! :D :D :D
IS2511
Prole

Post by IS2511 »

The font rendering is changed in the new release from 11.2?
11.2:
11.3:

I can't find any mention of this and how to go back. It seems like "nearest" rendering is enabled, but it's "linear". I don't understand... Help?
『IS2511』
Kernel panic - not syncing: No working mind found!