Server move incoming, expect a little bit of downtime

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
thelinx
The Strongest

Re: Server move incoming, expect a little bit of downtime

Post by thelinx »

I copied over the theme straight from the server so the vertical spacing issues must be a side effect of updating Mediawiki... somehow.

I commented out the size overrides I could find to hopefully bring it in line more with the default template.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

The font size on the wiki is now suddenly much bigger than it is in the forums. Please make them the same size, so that one common browser zoom factor can be used for forum and wiki. Both are served from the same domain, so you now have to switch between zoom levels every time, if you prefer a certain font size on your device, which is a drag.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

grump wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:21 pm The font size on the wiki is now suddenly much bigger than it is in the forums. Please make them the same size, so that one common browser zoom factor can be used for forum and wiki. Both are served from the same domain, so you now have to switch between zoom levels every time, if you prefer a certain font size on your device, which is a drag.
People were complaining that the wiki's font was actually smaller and hence unreadable, iirc; i just compared the sizes on my end, and... see for yourself, now they're the same size: (using chrome)
comparison.png
comparison.png (75.37 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
grump
Party member

Post by grump »

Yeah it's the same size now, but it was much bigger when I wrote this. About twice as big I guess. Maybe I was looking at it right when someone was in the middle of adjusting the size.
Xii
Party member

Post by Xii »

Can confirm, grump wasn't imagining things - the wiki's font was larger. It's normal now.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Haha, you changed the icon for posts from long posts having a scrolling list with a flame icon. And really long ones having a lightbulb idea thingy...I think. Either that or I'm just seeing things and its always been like that :crazy:

Edit: oh, lightbulbs are for important(?) posts,
Anyway that submitted form invalid thing is happening to me again, is it just me? And I keep getting logged out, though not too frequently.
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh: