[resolved] Quads not drawing

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
stout
Citizen

[resolved] Quads not drawing

Post by stout »

I have spent all day on this. I am sure I am missing something REALLY STUPID but I can't figure out what.

Start a new game, hit B to increase your brush size, press 2 to switch to plains, and just scribble back and forth for a second. Then hit N for the next step, and Y.

What SHOULD be happening is that at least one little village hut appears somewhere overtop a green tile. But it's not. It's not a drawing order issue because I disabled the base map and the popmap stuff still doesn't appear. The camera and drawing code is exactly the same except for a couple of variable names. It doesn't crash so it's not an obvious error.

I have the big popmap display for debug purposes but you can comment that out at the bottom of worldgen.lua. The error has to be in worldgen because all of the map setting is happening in popgen and that stuff, apparently, is fine.
Attachments
worldgen.love
(123.92 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Last edited by stout on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Re: Quads not drawing

Post by Boolsheet »

The popcamera table stays empty because you call cameraSet only when genStep is 2.
Shallow indentations.
stout
Citizen

Re: Quads not drawing

Post by stout »

*cries*

I need to work on my code organization more, I guess. Or my debugging thoroughness. I completely forgot about that.
kikito
Inner party member

Re: [resolved] Quads not drawing

Post by kikito »

I'd advise to choose code organization then, since it makes debugging simpler automatically.
When I write def I mean function.