I'm a complete and total nub.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ClavusElite
Prole

I'm a complete and total nub.

Post by ClavusElite »

Yeah I don't know a thing about .lua and I need a bit of help... lol Well I love the idea of this and I know tons about computers but not so much about coding so help is nice.
Merkoth
Party member

Re: I'm a complete and total nub.

Post by Merkoth »

And now is when I ask you to help me: What kind of help do you need? Help me help you, my friend.

Having said that, I'd suggest you to start from the beginning, getting to know a little bit about what Lua actually is. Then, thou shalt move onto the introductory section of the Lua manual and, once you got to know it a little more, you might actually find the LÖVE introductory tutorial worth a read. Once you got the hang of the basics, the LÖVE reference manual will reveal itself as a mighty companion on your developmental efforts, should you be wise enough to inquire it with your doubts.

I say! Effort! Sacrifice! Today is a good day to learn programming old chap!

P.S: No, I'm not high.
Mr. Strange
Party member

Post by Mr. Strange »

Although I'm finding love to be an excellent tool, I don't think I'd recommend it as a tool for actually learning lua. I think a simple interpreter would be a better place to start.

--Mr. Strange
emonk
Prole

Post by emonk »

Mr. Strange wrote:Although I'm finding love to be an excellent tool, I don't think I'd recommend it as a tool for actually learning lua. I think a simple interpreter would be a better place to start.
I on the other hand knew absolutely nothing about Lua before playing with LÖVE.

To each their own ;)
Sarcasm - just one of the services I offer.