Low priority from command line

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Hatch
Prole

Low priority from command line

Post by Hatch »

Hi. When I run any .love file or a valid love game folder from the command line, it runs unplayably slow. However, when I run a .love file by double-clicking it from nautilus, it runs fine. I noticed that, for some reason, the love process takes up much less cpu when run from the command line (<5% compared to around 20% when double-clicking), so I ran it through nice -20, and sure enough, it started running fine. I can make an alias to do this every time, but it's still a bit odd. Is the a less hackish way to fix it?

LinuxMint 9 Isadora, kernel 2.6.32-21-generic. LOVE 0.6.2, from the precompiled deb.

Thanks!
Hatch
Prole

Re: Low priority from command line

Post by Hatch »

EDIT: Please disregard what I said below. I had to install the proprietary ATI drivers and now I'm back where I was with my first post. Sorry for the confusion.

Well now I don't know what's going on. I did a fresh install of linux for various reasons and now nothing is playable no matter how I run it.

Double-click a .love file: draws the initial screen, but then slows to a crawl to the point where it's basically frozen
Run a game folder or love file from the command line: runs, but with very poor performance. not really playable
Run with higher priority: same as double-clicking.

I have no idea what changed between then and now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Low priority from command line

Post by Robin »

Well, I never noticed anything like that. An alias seems like the right solution.
Help us help you: attach a .love.