Change Love2D Starter Screen to be more helpful?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
substitute541
Party member

Change Love2D Starter Screen to be more helpful?

Post by substitute541 »

It was just an Idea that I have. Instead of just random spinning hearts on pigs, can the starter screen be more useful? As in, it has things like how to get started (the link to the Love2D Wiki page Getting Started), a sentence on why the screen showed up, that kind of thing.

Edit: Of course, the links can't be actual hyperlinks, just a text that has the links to all the needed Wiki pages. Heck, we can even create several redirect pages like Wikipedia using things like love2D.org/wiki/RED:START, RED meaning Redirect.
Currently designing themes for WordPress.

Sometimes lurks around the forum.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Re: Change Love2D Starter Screen to be more helpful?

Post by Taehl »

Working hyperlinks /may/ be possible, depending on platform, by using os.execute()...

Anyway, I agree. New users may be confused by not being shown a game, or an IDE, or whatever they may have been expecting. It'll save us from having to inform them all here in the forums.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Hexenhammer
Party member

Post by Hexenhammer »

I think LÖVE should tell the user to drag and drop a game folder/.love file on the LOVE icon instead of showing that pig. I had to go to the wiki to figure out how to actually run something.
monsieur_h
Citizen

Post by monsieur_h »

It has been shortly discussed on Bitbucket.