I have a question.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: I have a question.

Post by Jasoco »

I use OS X and like having extensions showing too. Exceptions are applications and video files.

Back in the olden Classic Mac OS days, files didn't have extensions. Instead they had Creator/Type codes which were just metadata stored in the files "resource fork" which was again, another Mac OS thing. Thankfully OS X came along and didn't need this stuff and 10 years later Types and Creators and Resource Forks are all but gone, but still are used more often than you'd want. Since I came over to the OS X country on a Windows 98 ship I don't miss them at all. Extensions are better. I like them. I find them descriptive. I keep them. Even though a lot of hardcore Mac users don't like them at all. At least they made Windows/OS X interoperability much easier than back when you would copy a file, which was mostly resource fork, to Windows and it would just die. It would lose its resources and become a useless extensionless file. But Mac users might not realize this so they wouldn't think twice. Now that OS X has extensions we don't have to worry. I can send any one of you a file and it will work as long as they have a program designed to open that file kind.

Viva la OS X. Viva la revolucion! Or whatever.
com_1
Prole

Post by com_1 »

Tried yesterday all that you advised me, but nothing happened ?
And today, after successive attempts - turned. ( finally )

But unfortunately not without problems. (It takes time to figure out something)
Take a look at this
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/772/animation2i.gif
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Looks like it worked to me. What are we supposed to be seeing?

Actually, judging from the last frame, you might be having a problem a friend mentioned to me: on some computers, the font has a funky white outline. Are you doing a Hello World program?
Kurosuke needs beta testers
com_1
Prole

Post by com_1 »

I thank all who helped.
Without your help and support I would not have happened.

Special thanks "tentus" for the pictures, without them it would be much harder.

Looks like it worked to me. What are we supposed to be seeing?

Actually, judging from the last frame, you might be having a problem a friend mentioned to me: on some computers, the font has a funky white outline. Are you doing a Hello World program?
Please wait.
com_1
Prole

Post by com_1 »

Someone downloaded my demo or cares ?

As regards the title theme "No Comment". (i just do not know how I do not call it)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

com_1 wrote:Someone downloaded my demo or cares ?

As regards the title theme "No Comment". (i just do not know how I do not call it)
Maybe it's just too late in the night for me to think straight, but I couldn't tell what you're saying if my life depended on it.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Perhaps he meant this:
Has anyone downloaded my demo, or care about it?

In regards to the title, "No Comment", I just didn't know what to call it.
Com_1, could you post the most recent link to your demo please?
com_1
Prole

Post by com_1 »

demo at the very bottom under the picture
http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 2&start=30

" Online translators are very poor translation is very difficult to understand what people write "
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Wow, your code is... dense. I really, really encourage you to start indenting more. And put statements on their own lines. It's next to impossible for me to read code that is 90% this:

Code: Select all

if td_sabito == 1 then
td_py3[d][0] = td_py3[d][0] - td_sk; td_py3[d][1] = td_py3[d][1] - td_sk; td_py3[d][2] = td_py3[d][2] - td_sk; td_py3[d][3] = td_py3[d][3] - td_sk; td_py3[d][4] = td_py3[d][4] - td_sk; td_py3[d][5] = td_py3[d][5] - td_sk; td_py3[d][6] = td_py3[d][6] - td_sk; td_py3[d][7] = td_py3[d][7] - td_sk; 
td_ny[d][0] = td_ny[d][0] + td_nakl; td_ny[d][1] = td_ny[d][1] + td_nakl; td_ny[d][2] = td_ny[d][2] + td_nakl; td_ny[d][3] = td_ny[d][3] + td_nakl; td_ny[d][4] = td_ny[d][4] + td_nakl; td_ny[d][5] = td_ny[d][5] + td_nakl; td_ny[d][6] = td_ny[d][6] + td_nakl; td_ny[d][7] = td_ny[d][7] + td_nakl; 
end;
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

I can't see the walls of the game. I looked at the image of the game to imagine where walls were. I also can't figure out how to get to the big circle on the other side. Is there a button to press?
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (84.11 KiB) Viewed 3716 times