NVIDIA 178.24 Driver Issues

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Robbis_1
Prole

NVIDIA 178.24 Driver Issues

Post by Robbis_1 »

This is the error I get when trying to launch LÖVE with the 178.24 drivers for Windows XP on my GeForce 7950 GT. It worked just fine on my older drivers.
Any ideas on how to fix or something... I don't want to revert back to my old drivers.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: NVIDIA 178.24 Driver Issues

Post by bartbes »

Looks like the installation has gone wrong (didn't remove old driver first?). Do you get the same error with other OpenGL programs/games?
Robbis_1
Prole

Post by Robbis_1 »

Actually, now that you say it, I can't run any other OpenGL applications either...
Robbis_1
Prole

Post by Robbis_1 »

I reinstalled my drivers and it still doesn't work. But I noticed something odd... If I access my computer with Remote Desktop from another computer, it can run LÖVE and other OpenGL applications :?
Nexion
Prole

Post by Nexion »

Stupid question: but have you tried reinstalling your drivers? They might have errored during installation.
rasjani
Prole

Post by rasjani »

Better yet, uninstall first everything and scrape the registry for any leftovers and remove them by hand, then re-install =)

Doing just "install over existing faulty setup" doesnt fix anything. In worst case scenario, you need to reinstall windows if you dont know how to isolate the problem manually..

Windows has this feature of restore old configs somewhere in control panel.. that could help too?