LOVE 0.5 Mac [UB] Binary, Needs Testers.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
appleide
Party member

Re: LOVE 0.5 Mac [UB] Binary, Needs Testers.

Post by appleide »

Love those icons, zeroz! :D Thanks for the .plists :) It'd have taken a while if I had to work it out by myself. :(

I've uploaded a love.app iconified by zeroz at http://appleide.sitesled/love.app !
alenofx wrote: PS: I'm new to Lua and LOVE, used a bit on Linux for a week, but I'm a Mac developer so if you need some help, I'm here. ;)
How come the mac version of love can't open .zip archives like on other platforms? :|

You're also welcome if you would like to maintain mac binaries. :)
alenofx
Prole

Post by alenofx »

appleide wrote:How come the mac version of love can't open .zip archives like on other platforms? :|
I can check if it's a problem in the Xcode project configuration or a LOVE incompatibility with Mac OS X in source code.
If you want I can work directly on your project file. ;)
zeroz
Prole

Post by zeroz »

Hey thanks ^^

But I can make a blue variation as well for those who wants.

Pleased that the .plist files helped you :)

zeroz
iLove
Prole

Post by iLove »

WOW. I just downloaded the UB, ran the hamster demo, modified its behaviour a bit and then figured out how to make the game quit at a keypress - in like... 2 minutes.

I hadn't even heard of Love before a few minutes ago (came here through a posting on http://iDevGames.com). And I've certainly never had such a quick and easy (not to mention fun) start-up with any kind of development environment - truly awesome. Thanks!
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

alenofx wrote:
appleide wrote:How come the mac version of love can't open .zip archives like on other platforms? :|
I can check if it's a problem in the Xcode project configuration or a LOVE incompatibility with Mac OS X in source code.
If you want I can work directly on your project file. ;)
Here is the macosx folder. download the linux sourcecode. put the macosx (after decompression) inside the platforms folder. :) Project file is inside.
http://www.appleide.sitesled.com/macosx.zip
zeroz wrote: But I can make a blue variation as well for those who wants.
I see you like pink better :)
iLove wrote: truly awesome. Thanks!
seconded. to rude and mike. :)

I came from an earlier link, on idevgames too. :)
alenofx
Prole

Post by alenofx »

Thank you appleide for your project.

I've recompiled love 0.5 for my system (Intel Leopard), using all needed libraries from macports (the only framework used is the OpenGL); result: opening love files from finder works perfectly.

Now I've to check which library cause that problem. ;)
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

cool ! :)
just to clarify... love files as in renamed folders or renamed archives? :)
alenofx
Prole

Post by alenofx »

appleide wrote:cool ! :)
just to clarify... love files as in renamed folders or renamed archives? :)
love files as renamed zip and renamed folders :D

UPDATE: the problem is caused by the physfs framework, now I've to find why.

UPDATE 2: I've compiled the physfs 1.1.1 dynamic library and replaced the physfs framework in your original love application package (using install_name_tool) and all works fine.
How your physfs framework is compiled?
Also, why not using libraries instead of frameworks (or better static libraries stripping unneeded symbols)?
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

UPDATE 2: I've compiled the physfs 1.1.1 dynamic library and replaced the physfs framework in your original love application package (using install_name_tool) and all works fine.
How your physfs framework is compiled?
Also, why not using libraries instead of frameworks (or better static libraries stripping unneeded symbols)?
I found frameworks easier to deal with; love.app has all the required dependencies inside itself so all macs can run it without the required libraries. Compiling with static libraries is certainly a good idea... But its not as easy. I'm just a newbie dev, I don't even know C++ :D

If you want you could re-compile love with all the dependencies compiled with it statically, or I would try do it later. :)
bombzone
Prole

Post by bombzone »

Good Job iam löven it.

But i have some trouble with finding and compiling the frameworks FreeType, physfs, IL & Lua. Can you please upload the *.framework folders in a zip? THX!