web in lua

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
NightKawata
Party member

Re: web in lua

Post by NightKawata »

batatinha wrote:This captcha system is kinda outdated and is totally breakable, to better spam avoiding a question(plus to captcha) is a better solution, but not math questions like "how many is 1 + 1?", there is a good phpbb plugin for that...
There are ways to break everything. Even if we had the best security system available, we'd still run into problems.
You can temporarily slow down the spam, but you'll never be able to avoid it completely.
(Hi Diablo 3)
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
scutheotaku
Party member

Post by scutheotaku »

As far as CAPTCHAs and alternatives...I'm personally a fan of the honeypot method. Or, if you want a visible CAPTCHA, the "wasted attention" CAPTCHA, e.g. like this (though not an ad): http://www.solvemedia.com/images/wasted_attention.png
NightKawata
Party member

Post by NightKawata »

Since both of those are actually readable, I don't mind either.
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

scutheotaku wrote:As far as CAPTCHAs and alternatives...I'm personally a fan of the honeypot method. Or, if you want a visible CAPTCHA, the "wasted attention" CAPTCHA, e.g. like this (though not an ad): http://www.solvemedia.com/images/wasted_attention.png
After studying a single course in image analysis, I'd say the captcha on the right is significantly easier to break. I could probably write a program to break it myself without too much trouble.
vitaminx
Citizen

Post by vitaminx »

I figure the best would be semantic questions which would be easy for a human but not for machine, e.g. "what's the opposite of small", or "what color is snow".
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

vitaminx wrote:I figure the best would be semantic questions which would be easy for a human but not for machine, e.g. "what's the opposite of small", or "what color is snow".
dont eat the yellow snow!
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

jjmafiae wrote:
vitaminx wrote:I figure the best would be semantic questions which would be easy for a human but not for machine, e.g. "what's the opposite of small", or "what color is snow".
dont eat the yellow snow!
You never know, it could be beer!