A Gooey GUI

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Gromlick
Prole

A Gooey GUI

Post by Gromlick »

Okay, so I was looking through the projects forums earlier, and I happened to notice that there were a lot of people up and posting various nifty GUI libraries. Not too far into looking at these, I realized that I hadn't yet made a GUI myself for my game, and that it seems like that would be a tremendously dull bit of project to take on. So why not nab someone else's, and do a little retrofit?

So I was rather wondering, which one should I try? You guys have quite a few to choose from.

I would greatly appreciate any shameless self-promotion. ^_^
Dr. Magnusson
Prole

Re: A Gooey GUI

Post by Dr. Magnusson »

They're all pretty equal, it kinda depends on what you need it for.
Gromlick
Prole

Post by Gromlick »

I'm putting together an adventure game that's sort of a mix between Zelda and Diablo. What I really need is something to handle input from a sidebar hud and menus... I haven't actually put a lot of thought into how I'd like it to look though.

If I grab somebody else's GUI I know that I'm going to be doing some heavy modifications, if only to the style. Maybe it would be easier to make my own? Dunno.
Kaze
Party member

Post by Kaze »

Gromlick wrote:I'm putting together an adventure game that's sort of a mix between Zelda and Diablo. What I really need is something to handle input from a sidebar hud and menus... I haven't actually put a lot of thought into how I'd like it to look though.

If I grab somebody else's GUI I know that I'm going to be doing some heavy modifications, if only to the style. Maybe it would be easier to make my own? Dunno.
*advertises*
Leif is pretty easy to change the style on. :monocle:
Gromlick
Prole

Post by Gromlick »

I've been playing with it a bit, and I think it'll do the trick. ^^

Also, you've very successfully reminded me what a terrible programmer I am. I'm still in school though. Gimme time. :D
osgeld
Party member

Post by osgeld »

yea you still have plenty of time to get worse hehe keep at it you will get better (besides you have to be better than me)