LOVE on PS3

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
pseudonym
Prole

Re: LOVE on PS3

Post by pseudonym »

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

@Merkoth: Yes I run a SCE licensed studio. Hoping to fly the flag for small indy's using PSN...
Merkoth
Party member

Post by Merkoth »

Awesome! I agree with bartbes, reimplementing LÖVE inside another engine isn't a particularly good idea and, depending on the "other" engine, it may actually prove impossible. I'm not saying that porting LÖVE to the PS3 is going to be absolutely straightforward, mostly because it has quite a few dependencies and some of them might prove impossible to port due to license restrictions, but maybe you can get a barebones LÖVE running and then build on top of that.
pseudonym
Prole

Post by pseudonym »

I got a message from Anders, and he thinks it's unfeasible at this time - oh well, I'll come back in a year and check again...

I hope the community continues to prosper in the meantime!

Cheers all,

pseudo
chourine
Prole

Post by chourine »

the PS3 hypervisor blocks actually all calls who could be done on the GPU ..( seems to be a piracy protection ) at least you can work with the framebuffer....

dont forget that the the Cell processor ( ps3 processor) is just the most impressive processor ive never seen before ( i'm working as a professional game desgner in the video game industry ) making games using software acceleration could be just suffisent to make little games or prototyping thingy ( seems to be a little homebrew community doing it actually)

gl