is there a way in the .conf script the change the icon

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
hellfiresage
Prole

is there a way in the .conf script the change the icon

Post by hellfiresage »

what im asking is if i make my game folder into a .love file i want it to have an image as a icon is that possible?
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: is there a way in the .conf script the change the icon

Post by bartbes »

Well, that's easy: no.
It might be implemented in some future version, but you have to ask rude that.
zapwow
Prole

Post by zapwow »

hellfiresage wrote:what im asking is if i make my game folder into a .love file i want it to have an image as a icon is that possible?
A .love file is essentially a .zip file. The icon is determined by the program assigned to opening .love files, so you cannot change the icon for a specific file.

However, when you package your game with the executable, it's possible to change the icon for the application. You can do this on Windows by using something like Resource Hacker.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

zapwow wrote:A .love file is essentially a .zip file. The icon is determined by the program assigned to opening .love files, so you cannot change the icon for a specific file.

However, when you package your game with the executable, it's possible to change the icon for the application. You can do this on Windows by using something like Resource Hacker.
The latter part is true, however the first part not completely. It depends largely on the Operating System used by your user/gamer. On Windows, I know it's possible, though difficult, and it requires messing with the Windows Registry entry for .love-files and more vague stuff. On Linux, it depends on the directory browser you're using (and I don't exactly know which support something like that and how). I have no experience with OSX. So, it's not really you'd want to do for just a simple game.
Help us help you: attach a .love.