Tiled collision help

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
VetruvianSprite
Prole

Tiled collision help

Post by VetruvianSprite »

So, I just recently asked this and I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out based on what I learned ... but i still can't seem to get it right ... could someone just take a look at my .love and tell me what i'm doing wrong and what I did right? It would be much appreciated.

.love >> http://www.filedropper.com/irequireassistance

I tried using love.physics but I never tried anything with that before so I didn't really know what I was doing.

Also, if anyone knows how to use ATC, that would be helpful too.

EDIT: I am open to any suggestion or recommendation, if I can help it I don't want to use love.physics ... I just really don't understand collision :?
Last edited by VetruvianSprite on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love a nice D.R.Y. K.I.S.S.
Ranguna259
Party member

Re: Tiled collision help

Post by Ranguna259 »

There's nothing wrong with your code, code collisions and then post you questions, just read the tutorials on the wiki
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.
VetruvianSprite
Prole

Post by VetruvianSprite »

Ranguna259 wrote:There's nothing wrong with your code, code collisions and then post you questions, just read the tutorials on the wiki
I did code the collisions ... or I tried to anyway, that is why I'm asking, I don't know what I may have done wrong or not done.
I love a nice D.R.Y. K.I.S.S.
Ranguna259
Party member

Post by Ranguna259 »

Oh just read bump()

You are doing it wrong :P

First you need to create a physics world, then you need to make the player a dynamic body and then you need to make static bodies for the solid obejcts, have you really read the physics Tutorial that I posted ?
LoveDebug- A library that will help you debug your game with an on-screen fully interactive lua console, you can even do code hotswapping :D

Check out my twitter.