Black Screen Sound still working

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ODINKONG
Prole

Black Screen Sound still working

Post by ODINKONG »

Hello there,

I've been having a pretty strange problem since I wiped my laptop. I was working on a game and everything was working fine on both my laptop and desktop. My laptop needed to be cleared and when I put the back of the game that was working on my desktop on my laptop It runs with no errors but the screen is black. You can still move because all the sounds work but for some reason I can't see. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

I can send you guys the zip of the game if you want to see the source
davisdude
Party member

Re: Black Screen Sound still working

Post by davisdude »

A .love or .zip would be nice. As well as computer specs (graphics card, etc.) My guess is that it's your computer. Something important might have been deleted when you wiped it.

You could also try re-installing LÖVE to see if that helps, too.

If all else fails, take the IT Support guy approach: "Have you tried turning it off then turning it back on again?" (Just kidding. You can try if you want, but I can't see what it would do)
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
ODINKONG
Prole

Post by ODINKONG »

Here's the zip. You are going to have to unzip it and put in a folder in order to run it. If someone could tell me why it doesn't work as a zip that would be cool too.

here are my laptop specs:

Ram: 6 Gigs
CPU : Intel i7-2620M
Graphics Card: Nvidia Quadro 2000M

Attachments
Samurai Game.zip
(5.24 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
ODINKONG
Prole

Post by ODINKONG »

Oh Re Installing love fixed it. Thanks for the help, I was scared I lost my work there for a second.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

No problem! :D
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim