has anyone used RUBE successfully with love2d?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
hairy puppy
Prole

has anyone used RUBE successfully with love2d?

Post by hairy puppy »

hello all [again ;)]

i did ask a question regarding level editors/creators with collision detection as well. but this question is now on the head of an editor for box2d its just wondering about a piece of software ive come to remember again, RUBE. its for box2d based things, very nice and well documented. on having a little back and forth with the developer [thank you] you can do conversions of json files to xml easily, with online conversions no less, useful with map loaders for love2d which deal in xml.

but has anyone used RUBE with love2d here?
im really interested, it looks to be exactly what im looking for in terms of creating unique levels with interaction, especially for platformers. plus the price is good for what you get, which is multiplatform as well.

whilst i know you still have to deal with collision info in whatever youre making. its- just to cut out the need of using multiple libraries for these things
lewis lepton
------
http://smokingbunny.net
Nautical Mile
Prole

Re: has anyone used RUBE successfully with love2d?

Post by Nautical Mile »

hairy puppy,

I have been lurking in the love forums for a while and I haven't seen any mention of work regarding a love loader for RUBE scenes or even a quick-and-dirty loader used for a specific project.

That being said, I am working on a physics-based game using love, and I have intentions to begin working on a general loader for RUBE-exported json files. Unfortunately, I don't have a specific timeline other than `sometime this summer`. :brows:

If you are feeling inspired to start working on one now, I was thinking the RUBE loader for Gideros would be a good starting point.

As for conversion to xml, does that really make things easier? As far as I can understand you still have to write a proper loader for RUBE-generated xml, because the structure of the converted xml files will be different than others (i.e. tiled).
adnzzzzZ
Party member

Post by adnzzzzZ »

I'm going to make a RUBE loader (or whatever type of technology RUBE happens to need) soon for my game... From what I've searched on the forums no one has made anything yet. But yea... STAY TUNED~!
Nautical Mile
Prole

Post by Nautical Mile »

cool beans. :cool: Keep us posted.