Love.exe close itself after opened

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
arcwinolivirus
Prole

Love.exe close itself after opened

Post by arcwinolivirus »

As the title said, It seems like the program does open but only for about 1 second and then terminate itself (I observed the process of love.exe in the task manager). No window pops out and yes its like nothing happened. Any help guys? thank you in advance :3
Nixola
Inner party member

Re: Love.exe close itself after opened

Post by Nixola »

Is that LÖVE 0.9.1? What version of Windows are you using? Does it only do that with the no-game screen, or does it happen with .love files too?
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
arcwinolivirus
Prole

Post by arcwinolivirus »

Nixola wrote:Is that LÖVE 0.9.1? What version of Windows are you using? Does it only do that with the no-game screen, or does it happen with .love files too?
It is LÖVE 0.9.1 Sir. Im using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. There's no window poppin out when I double click the love.exe itself. About .love files, I never tried it. Its just Im having issue of opening the program and the game: Swordgirls online. with fakesg.exe.

Here's the link of the game Im having issue with: http://swordgirls.net/

Here's the image of files of that game:
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Do you have antivirus software running? If so, maybe it's mistakenly preventing LÖVE from running.
arcwinolivirus
Prole

Post by arcwinolivirus »

slime wrote:Do you have antivirus software running? If so, maybe it's mistakenly preventing LÖVE from running.
I uninstalled my anti virus just to be sure. Reinstalled the program and still autokills itself.

For additional info here's my task manager processes:
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Not very familiar with windows, but try this.
Run the game from your console:
Go the start, type "cmd" and click on the cmd.exe that should be in the list.
Type the Letter of the Drive which your .exe is on (often not needed, if your path already starts with C: and the game is on C: then you don't need this) and a ':' after it.
Enter cd and the path to the .exe file
Type the name of the .exe and press enter. If that prints out something onto the console, tell us what it is here (or tell the developers). If it types nothing, you might try:
Type the name of the .exe and after it type --console, then press enter. Tell us if a console pops up and what it shows.

Here's an example:

Code: Select all

E:
cd E:\Downloads\Games\sgnet_windows\
fakesg.exe
fakesg.exe --console
P.S.: It's weird that the .exe has the word "fake" in it. Are you sure it's not fake? O.o
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
arcwinolivirus
Prole

Post by arcwinolivirus »

Yes Im sure its not fake. So I followed your instruction and still doesnt work. I tried to run the game, nothing happened. Also I tried the program engine itself and nothing happened as well. Something pops out but only for 1 second. I managed to repeat many times just to screenshot and got the actual cmd console there~ here's what it showed:

slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

What kind of video card do you have? Also, make sure you have the most up-to-date graphics drivers for it that you can get.
arcwinolivirus
Prole

Post by arcwinolivirus »

slime wrote:What kind of video card do you have? Also, make sure you have the most up-to-date graphics drivers for it that you can get.
Here's my graphics card:

About the driver, im not sure if its the up-to-date one. It just came from the cd along the computer we bought.. and I dont know where to download the latest drivers.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

You can download drivers for nvidia graphics cards here: http://www.nvidia.ca/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us (just select 'GeForce 9 series' from the 'Product Series' dropdown.)