Bugged animation on 32 bit

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
akopyl
Prole

Bugged animation on 32 bit

Post by akopyl »

I am making a little game for me and my friends. There is an issue that on my (64) computer and my 64 bit friends computer everything is ok, but my 32 bit friend is having problems. The thing is, that an AnAL animation is behaving not like it should.When I run the 32 bit version, it works ok on my machine. Can anyone who is using 32 bit download the love file and test it? In order to trigger the animation that I am having problems with you should interact ("up") with the booth in the world #4 and return to world #3.
Press "i" for info about the world you are in.
Attachments
dev v 0.6.love
(5.69 MiB) Downloaded 192 times
lachlaan
Prole

Re: Bugged animation on 32 bit

Post by lachlaan »

How should the animation behave though? When I follow your instructions and move back one zone, the explosion sound plays, meteor hits the ground and a rubble of ash spawns a bit to the right of the perceived impact spot. It all happens in about a second or so, maybe two. What was supposed to happen differently? :D
akopyl
Prole

Post by akopyl »

lachlaan wrote:How should the animation behave though? When I follow your instructions and move back one zone, the explosion sound plays, meteor hits the ground and a rubble of ash spawns a bit to the right of the perceived impact spot. It all happens in about a second or so, maybe two. What was supposed to happen differently? :D
You are seeing the right animation. Is your computer 32 bit? My friend is having this when he comes back to world 3.Image
lachlaan
Prole

Post by lachlaan »

I ran the game on Windows 7 32bit, so I guess it's not necessarily the windows version that influences it? Perhaps it's a matter of his hardware not supporting some element of the game, like perhaps canvases. I should actually check wether canvases were involved and edit afterwards :D

Edit: Okay so I actually looked at the code a bit, and as rusty as I am at this I think maybe your friend hasn't updated his love version. I think it's a case of the updated AnAl library using the updated "love.graphics.draw" function that now incorporates the love.graphics.drawq function. If your friend has an older version of love, it might be using the quad coords as x and y coords somewhere in the draw function and just drawing stuff way out of frame and scaled oddly.

Tl;dr, try having your friend update his love version to 0.9.1 and see if that fixes it :)
akopyl
Prole

Post by akopyl »

lachlaan wrote:I ran the game on Windows 7 32bit, so I guess it's not necessarily the windows version that influences it? Perhaps it's a matter of his hardware not supporting some element of the game, like perhaps canvases. I should actually check wether canvases were involved and edit afterwards :D

Edit: Okay so I actually looked at the code a bit, and as rusty as I am at this I think maybe your friend hasn't updated his love version. I think it's a case of the updated AnAl library using the updated "love.graphics.draw" function that now incorporates the love.graphics.drawq function. If your friend has an older version of love, it might be using the quad coords as x and y coords somewhere in the draw function and just drawing stuff way out of frame and scaled oddly.

Tl;dr, try having your friend update his love version to 0.9.1 and see if that fixes it :)
No, he is just a beta-tester and he is downloading an archive with an .exe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a8ada ... x86%29.rar
lachlaan
Prole

Post by lachlaan »

Well then unless you packed the 32bit version of the game with the dll's you had in your 64bit love folder, I'm stumped as to what it could be. So I guess that's my last question, did you make sure to download the 32bit installation and include the DLLs from that into the 32bit version of your game?
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Images are replaced with that gray/white color when the graphics card isn't able to load the texture (usually because its dimensions are too large for the driver/GPU.)

2048x2048 is a pretty safe maximum texture size to rely on, but support for anything larger generally depends on the generation of the graphics card. You can check the maximum supported texture size at runtime with [wiki]love.graphics.getSystemLimit[/wiki]("texturesize").