FPS Stuck at 50

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Revolg
Prole

FPS Stuck at 50

Post by Revolg »

I noticed in a new project I'm working on that my framerate was pretty bad, and tried to get to the bottom of what part of my code was causing it. I ended up creating a whole new project with just the following code:

Code: Select all

function love.draw()
love.graphics.print("Current FPS: "..tostring(love.timer.getFPS( )), 10, 10)
end
This reported that with nothing else going on, it was only running at 50 fps, while in the past my love projects would often run at close to 100 right off the bat on my machine. Has something change with .9.1? Has anyone else had any issues with this? Or is this likely something wrong with my machine or some weirdness with opengl?
Azhukar
Party member

Re: FPS Stuck at 50

Post by Azhukar »

Revolg wrote:This reported that with nothing else going on, it was only running at 50 fps
Did you have vertical sync on? Did you try restarting your hardware? Is there anything running in the background?
Revolg
Prole

Post by Revolg »

I've tested with and without vsync and it stays the same, 50 fps. I restarted everything as well and then tested again. I'm sure I do have some unneeded stuff running in the background but I'm not sure exactly what it could be, if something is interfering. I also tried running it with a version of love 0.8 that I had, and it ran at 50fps there too.
DaedalusYoung
Party member

Post by DaedalusYoung »

Did you upgrade video drivers?