How would I make a option slider[EX: volume changing slider]

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
vekenti
Prole

How would I make a option slider[EX: volume changing slider]

Post by vekenti »

I want to make a slider to set the Red, Green and Blue colors of a particle. May someone please show me how?

Thanks, Vekenti
Attachments
Test Game V1.love
(48.17 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Muris
Party member

Re: How would I make a option slider[EX: volume changing sli

Post by Muris »

To create gui components such as sliders easily, you could use Love Frames viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9116 or Quickie viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7811. There are probably other gui-libraries but those are the two that I've tried and they both seem to have pretty good tutorial on how to use em and they both seem to work really well.

Love frames feels more like C# forms type, and Quickie is kind of interesting stateless? type of gui where you have to manually hold the state of components by yourself.
vekenti
Prole

Post by vekenti »

Muris wrote:To create gui components such as sliders easily, you could use Love Frames viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9116 or Quickie viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7811. There are probably other gui-libraries but those are the two that I've tried and they both seem to have pretty good tutorial on how to use em and they both seem to work really well.

Love frames feels more like C# forms type, and Quickie is kind of interesting stateless? type of gui where you have to manually hold the state of components by yourself.
Thanks man, :awesome:

-EDIT- seems like love frames give me a error when i try to use it,cant tell if its my end or love frame's end
Zilarrezko
Party member

Post by Zilarrezko »

I spent a good while on GUI concepts, but had to stop at text box because I couldn't figure out how printf calculated when to move to a next line. But slider was a nice adventure.

Here's an example for the red. I commented a --[[ ]]-- around the code I implemented. It works, and I thought this was better for someone to learn anyhow, since when I looked at Löve Frames, the code was so everywhere I couldn't learn from it.
Test Slider v1.love
(49.15 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
If you have any questions, just ask.

Have fun.
iPoisonxL
Party member

Post by iPoisonxL »

vekenti wrote:
Muris wrote:To create gui components such as sliders easily, you could use Love Frames viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9116 or Quickie viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7811. There are probably other gui-libraries but those are the two that I've tried and they both seem to have pretty good tutorial on how to use em and they both seem to work really well.

Thanks man, :awesome:

-EDIT- seems like love frames give me a error when i try to use it,cant tell if its my end or love frame's end
Love frames is only compatible with version 0.8.0 and 0.9.0, not 0.9.1

Code: Select all

L
    L Ö
    Ö V
L Ö V E
Ö B E
V E
E Y
Website