Bullets not being generated or invisible

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
piercegage
Prole

Bullets not being generated or invisible

Post by piercegage »

My code compiles, but when I click to fire a bullet (missile in my case) they don't seem to be generated. I have looked at other tutorials, and followed them closely. But I run into the same problem with these tutorials as well. The bullets are not being generated or are invisible.

Attached is my .love file
left mouse click is supposed to generate a new bullet
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attachments
game.love
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Duster
Prole

Re: Bullets not being generated or invisible

Post by Duster »

piercegage wrote:My code compiles, but when I click to fire a bullet (missile in my case) they don't seem to be generated. I have looked at other tutorials, and followed them closely. But I run into the same problem with these tutorials as well. The bullets are not being generated or are invisible.

Attached is my .love file
left mouse click is supposed to generate a new bullet
Any help would be greatly appreciated
First of all you've written if button == "1" rather than if button == "l", but there are a lot more problems than that. Here's a new fixed .love with comments so you know what I did.
Attachments
game.love
(5.24 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
piercegage
Prole

Re: Bullets not being generated or invisible

Post by piercegage »

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply, and more so for explaining the changes helps a ton.