little lags

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
rvj
Prole

Re: little lags

Post by rvj »

I don't think it's something else sucking up CPU cycles. I'm not running any anti-virus etc. I've attached a screenshot with my game running and a 'top' next to it (for the non-linux people it's just a list of processes ordered by % of processor usage. It suggests that the processor isn't being seriously taxed by any program, nor is there any serious memory usage.

I'm going to keep poking around looking for clues.

(edit) Checked on my Windows 7 boot: I don't get the little freezes. The framerate varies from 57 to 61 but without interuptions. It freezes up for several seconds when I display smoke trails but that's unrelated.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (71.62 KiB) Viewed 3084 times
ncarlson
Prole

Post by ncarlson »

xefhs wrote:Hi guys,

In this attached .love, my image is supposed to move in x smoothly,
but sometimes (every ~10 secs) the movement is break and my image seems to be teleported. (just few pixels)
The phenomena you're experiencing may be caused by temporal aliasing. This can be remedied by applying the techniques found in the following tutorial:

http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/f ... -timestep/
xefhs
Prole

Post by xefhs »

I start to think these "lags" come from my PC and not LÖVE. thanks anyway. :nyu:
Sorry about my English, I'm French.
rvj
Prole

Post by rvj »

C'est probablement l'ordinateur mais c'est pas seulement le tien. Je vais continuer a chercher la probleme (pour genre une heure plus avant de lacher)

Forgive my french, I'm english.

But yeah I'll keep trying to narrow down the problem because it bugs me.