[Solved]LUBE and Windows 8

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
I~=Spam
Party member

Re: [Solved]LUBE and Windows 8

Post by I~=Spam »

Dr.Tyler O. wrote:So guys, I found the fix: Uninstall 0.9.2
0.9.1, 0.9, or even 0.8.0 work? If it exists for a specific version it will be much easier to track down that problem. But seriously, this seems like a firewall problem.

Sorry, but we really don't have enough information. I want to help you but there is no feedback here. What have you tried? What haven't you tried? Do you just need ideas on what to try? Have you tried disabling antivirus (temporarily of course)? Is this chat application two clients talking on the same computer over localhost or over LAN?

This is windows 8 so microsoft had to increase security.... again.... so there are going to be some network issues you will have to work out. Believe me, it is worth your time. Unless you want to move to Linux or OSX you probably are going to need to learn how to deal with window's problems and understand how to solve them.
My Tox ID: 0F1FB9170B94694A90FBCF6C4DDBDB9F58A9E4CDD0B4267E50BF9CDD62A0F947E376C5482610