[Solved]LUBE and Windows 8

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Dr.Tyler O.
Citizen

[Solved]LUBE and Windows 8

Post by Dr.Tyler O. »

A long time ago I created a simple chat application with Love2D 0.9.1 and the LUBE library. It worked beautifully at the time but recently I replaced my Windows 7 operating system with Windows 8 and upgraded to Love2D 0.9.2. I tested the application today and I've come to find that the application no longer functions. I made sure that it wasn't just some sort of coding error by building the project on Love2D 0.9.1 (which didn't work) and letting a friend test the application for me on their Windows 8 computer with Love 0.9.1 and Love 0.9.2 installed and it worked perfectly fine. So what could be the issue here?
Last edited by Dr.Tyler O. on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any topic I have ever posted that I felt did not require a .love file, although they were requested, never required one so I would appreciate if you did not ask me to supply one unless you think that I am ignorant for not doing so.
Joe Black
Prole

Re: LUBE and Windows 8

Post by Joe Black »

can you upload it so we can test it ?
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Do you have multiple versions of LOVE installed on your machine? If so, that could be messing with you. I had a similar error a while back.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
Dr.Tyler O.
Citizen

Post by Dr.Tyler O. »

Joe Black wrote:can you upload it so we can test it ?
It is not an issue with my application, it's a compatibility issue with LUBE and my computer.
davisdude wrote:Do you have multiple versions of LOVE installed on your machine? If so, that could be messing with you. I had a similar error a while back.
Yes but I have them installed in different directories. I use Sublime Text 3 and, for those that are familiar, I have two separate build systems for 0.9.1 and 0.9.2.
Any topic I have ever posted that I felt did not require a .love file, although they were requested, never required one so I would appreciate if you did not ask me to supply one unless you think that I am ignorant for not doing so.
Positive07
Party member

Post by Positive07 »

Dr.Tyler O. wrote:
Joe Black wrote:can you upload it so we can test it ?
It is not an issue with my application, it's a compatibility issue with LUBE and my computer.
Well with the information you have given, the only answer we can give you is: "We cant help you, sorry"

If you want us to help you, we need to replicate the problem somehow. Even if the issue is not with your app, we need to find the same conditions.

Think about it this way: If your app doesnt fail, LUBE doesnt fail in other cases, luasocket doesnt fail in other cases, it is not a problem with LÖVE, and not a broad OS issue... Then we are failing to diagnose the problem (this is probably the issue, because we are missing some information), there is some error in your connections setup or THERE IS NO ERROR!

So you tell me... where is the problem?
for i, person in ipairs(everybody) do
[tab]if not person.obey then person:setObey(true) end
end
love.system.openURL(github.com/pablomayobre)
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Is it a firewall issue, maybe?
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

Dr.Tyler O. wrote:
davisdude wrote:Do you have multiple versions of LOVE installed on your machine? If so, that could be messing with you. I had a similar error a while back.
Yes but I have them installed in different directories. I use Sublime Text 3 and, for those that are familiar, I have two separate build systems for 0.9.1 and 0.9.2.
Is it actually running 0.9.2? I'm also on Windows 8, and even though I chose it to run from love.exe from LOVE/0.9.2/love.exe, it was still launching from the 0.8.0 .exe.
Are you getting an error, or is it just not working?
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
I~=Spam
Party member

Post by I~=Spam »

bartbes wrote:Is it a firewall issue, maybe?
I agree. This sounds like some sort of firewall program or windows preventing the application from using the internet. Sorry I don't use windows (I am a die-hard arch linux user :D) so I cannot be much help.
My Tox ID: 0F1FB9170B94694A90FBCF6C4DDBDB9F58A9E4CDD0B4267E50BF9CDD62A0F947E376C5482610
Dr.Tyler O.
Citizen

Post by Dr.Tyler O. »

So guys, I found the fix: Uninstall 0.9.2
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Dr.Tyler O. wrote:So guys, I found the fix: Uninstall 0.9.2
That's not a fix, that's giving up.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.