[Solved]Use a file dropped onto an application

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Dr.Tyler O.
Citizen

[Solved]Use a file dropped onto an application

Post by Dr.Tyler O. »

I've noticed some forms of software allow you to drop a file onto the application, it opens the file inside the application, and uses it some way. How can I accomplish this with Love2D?
Last edited by Dr.Tyler O. on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any topic I have ever posted that I felt did not require a .love file, although they were requested, never required one so I would appreciate if you did not ask me to supply one unless you think that I am ignorant for not doing so.
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: Use a file dropped onto an application

Post by slime »

This isn't possible with the LÖVE API in 0.9.x. In 0.10.0 you'll be able to use new love.filedropped and love.directorydropped event callbacks to detect and handle drag-and-drop situations with files / folders.
Dr.Tyler O.
Citizen

Re: Use a file dropped onto an application

Post by Dr.Tyler O. »

slime wrote:This isn't possible with the LÖVE API in 0.9.x. In 0.10.0 you'll be able to use new love.filedropped and love.directorydropped event callbacks to detect and handle drag-and-drop situations with files / folders.
Alright, thank you.
Any topic I have ever posted that I felt did not require a .love file, although they were requested, never required one so I would appreciate if you did not ask me to supply one unless you think that I am ignorant for not doing so.